Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
I chose to not watch the show. I am 5 years out from my own battle with cancer. My heart goes out to Farrah and Ryan O'neal. The care givers are as much a casualty of this cruel disease as the one infected. Everyone on this forum will be effected in some way by this terrible disease in their lifetime. It doesn't care if you are a movies star or just someone struggling to make a living.

post by beeniesmom

While we have seen some success with the conventional treatment now available namely chemo and radiation the survival rate of some cancers have not improved in the last 40 years. I am of the opinion that if a cure is found it will come from outside of our present medical community. Cancer is big business. Billions are made every year from our antiquated methods. If a magic pill was found tomorrow it would never see the light of day. We have lobbyist in Washington working every day just to maintain the status quo. This is my biased opinion but I feel it is a valid one.
You are absolutely right! Cancer is being cured in Europe and Asia, but here it is such a huge business, that no matter how much money is thrown at so-called cures... chemo and radiation are still going to be the only options available. It would be hard to do, but I think Farrah and Patrick Swayze both should have gone to the media and said, "SEE! These treatments they give everyone, do NOT work!"

Red 46