Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prayers for Mitzi

I'm glad to hear Mitzi isn''t blocked, but an infection is no fun either. Poor girl! I hope the urinalysis will show exatcly what it is, so she can get treated. Is she easy to pill?

Get better Mitzi!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Vet finally called back with results. Yup, she haz bacteria and will be on antiibotics. She's easy to give meds to, preferably liquids, but I have to be sneaky. She doesn't even have to see me; she KNOWS when I'm prepping to squirt something down her throat and instanly disappears under my California King bed, where she KNOWS I can't reach her. Silly minx.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd View Post
    Vet finally called back with results. Yup, she haz bacteria and will be on antiibotics. She's easy to give meds to, preferably liquids, but I have to be sneaky. She doesn't even have to see me; she KNOWS when I'm prepping to squirt something down her throat and instanly disappears under my California King bed, where she KNOWS I can't reach her. Silly minx.
    Well, I'm sorry that she has a bacterial infection but I'm glad that it's nothing more serious. Don't ya love it when they park themselves right in the middle of the floor underneath the bed. I have only a Queen size and yet my RB Puddy would stubbornly sit there and I could never reach her. Just when I thought I had a chance, she'd move just a hair, so I'd go over to the other side and she'd move again. Fun game. Not.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Well, I'm sorry that she has a bacterial infection but I'm glad that it's nothing more serious. Don't ya love it when they park themselves right in the middle of the floor underneath the bed. I have only a Queen size and yet my RB Puddy would stubbornly sit there and I could never reach her. Just when I thought I had a chance, she'd move just a hair, so I'd go over to the other side and she'd move again. Fun game. Not.
    Mitzi has done something even MORE sneaky - she's torn a hole into the box spring right in the MIDDLE and there's NO way, short of pulling the bed apart, for me to get to her and she knows it. I'm short and the bed is big ....

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

What a girl!!! We had a cat that hid in the boxspring, too!! What I did, was to put a sheet on the bottem of the boxspring, it kept the cat out!!!! Fitted sheets are the best!!! Glad to hear Mitzi was NOT blocked. Mitzi!!! Please be a good girl for your mom and take your meds!!! Try the sheet on the boxspring!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

I'm sorry to hear that Mitzi has a bacterial infection but I'm glad to hear that it's treatable. If I were you, I'd close the bedroom door before you try giving her meds so she can't make a run for it and end up hiding under your bed or in your box springs. I hope she feels better soon.

I'm glad to hear Mitzi has something easily treatable - good luck with the meds!!

We are fortunate with meds and Pinot - she was so sick when we first got her and she was on so much medication, I think she just accepted it as a part of life. She never balked.

I was just thinking - a bacteria infection is after all quite a girlish thing
    Glad that she easy to pill. It would be a drama here.

We're glade too hear that it' some that's easy too treat. The only way we can get them out from under the bed is the water bottle. They all know I shoot frist and ask questions later. All I have to do now is put the bottle so they can see it and they run from under the bad. If they are acting up I grab the bottle every body runs, I haven't pulled the trigger in about 3 months.
    GILL & Crew;

Well I couldn't get her meds last night because of my stupid boss. Due to his procrastination I had to stay late and by the time I got off work and drove back to the City, the vet's office was closed However I did have some antibiotics left over from her dental last month so I dosed her with that - much to her chagrin. I also gave her pain meds - she had a rough night and was in a lot of distress, but eventually she calmed down and was able to pee. She's a somewhat skittish nervous nelly (her feral roots) and it really affects her physically.

She seemed better this morning and I was sneaky and able to give her meds and a squirt of pain stuff before she could poof under the bed.

Tonight I'll be able to get to the vet's office before they close and get her the stuff she's supposed to be on and talk to them about her distress. I feel so bad for her, but I know these things take time to clear up.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

She scared me half to death last night as she wouldn't come out from under the bed. I do know how to get her out - if I quietly lay on the bed reading she will come out to snuggle and THAT worked. Got her Baytril down her throat - the pills are huge and her mouth/throat are tiny so I have to cut them into pieces - gave her a shot of her pain meds and she went and hid again.

I had to go out for a while and when I got home, there she was, asking for treats, tossing her mousies down the hall, chasing her tail. She's feeling better already. Only 9 more days of Baytril

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

I am really glad to hear that she is feeling better!

I know too well the routine of going from one side of the bed to the other trying to pry them out of there! After a while you feel so stupid and then they give you "that look" - that tells you, you are right.

I am so glad Mitzi is feeling better! I know you feel better also