Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lily's love has been rejected!!

Lily's love has been rejected!!

Yesterday, my sister came to visit for an hour. Lily, who is happily greeting every visitor, wanted to jump into her lap, but my sister didn't want her. She said she had just visited a friend and had been holding the friend's baby for two hours, so she doesn't feel like having a cat on her lap now. Lily made three more tries, but was sent away each time.

I have to admit, I felt slightly upset because my cats are not used to be rejected that way! And it was easy to see that Lily was confused!

After a while, my sister got up to look out of the window, and my Lily didn't hesitate one second to take her seat. When my sister turned around and saw Lily sitting there, Lily looked at her and said something in her kitty language that definitely sounded like "neener neener neener": Good girl!!

BTW, the entire visit turned out to be very uncomfortable, as we found out we hadn't much to say to each other. And today, on Mother's Day when we were at my mother's place, it became even more obvious that we're living in two different worlds now, very frustrating...

Anyway, I have told Lily not to be too sad. I know that every Pet Talker who would ever come to visit would enjoy to have her on the lap!!

Kirsten

Kirsten

Oh that's too bad. I had a similar experience w/a friend of a friend. My CH baby Creamsicle jumped up on her lap and this woman's arms flew out to her sides as if she would get leprosy if she touched Cgirl. She said to her "You've got the wrong person, cat!" That did nothing to endear her to me, to say the least. Like Lily, Cgirl was not to be deterred and she kept trying. I said "She'll leave you alone if you pet her" so she took one finger and lightly stroked Cgirl. Grrrrr. Tell Lily not to feel rejected. It's your sister's loss. I'm sorry that this occurred w/a family member, Kirsten. My situation was bad enough but it must be especially painful for you. Give Lily an extra gentle pet for me and a "neener neener neener", too, to anyone who won't pet a sweet little cat who only wants love.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mary, I'm sorry that you and sweet Creamsicle had such an unpleasant experience!

Yes, the situation with my sister is painful. I don't see her very often, and when she's coming here (to our hometown), her hubby is always with her, and when he's around, she's not talking to me. They act as if they find everything I do or everything I'm interested too silly to even talk about it. I always feel so stupid when they're around. I feel they don't respect me as a person, but I think it's coming from my BIL.

Kirsten

Oh Kirsten, that's too bad your sister behaved like that. Shame on her! No wonder you don't have much to say to each other.

Give Lily some scritches from me, and Lily too, please!

Unfortunately, my guests have the opposite problem, they have to crawl around on the floor to get a glimpse of him. However, when I'm away, it's good to know that he WILL come out and let them stroke him - and even let them brush him.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I can relate to you very well. Every time my sister comes to my house she won't sit on the couch because of the cat hair and it's not like I don't vacuum my couch but with 8 cats well and Ozzy at the moment I can't help if it's not always done. I try my best, I always make sure the cat litter boxes are clean and that they have fresh food and water but sometimes I slack on vacuuming. I just find it really insulting at times. Plus my cats are very lovey and they love attention.

Today we are having my parents over for supper, it's been a while since both of them have come over but hopefully the cats behave themselves while we eat dinner.

My sister thinks I'm nuts with the number of cats that we have right now and she never understood my cat rescuing or anything like that but oh well I feel I'm doing a good thing and I guess that's what really matters.

Melissa

Oh Kirsten,
    I'm so sorry to hear that your sister rejected Lily that way. If we were closer and I was given the privilege of visiting your home I would welcome both Lily and Luna on my lap then shower them with love and the attention they deserve. Please give Lily lots of lovies from me in an attempt to make up for being slighted like that And don't forget Luna's share
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Its sad that your sister doesnt like you, but that the height of rudeness to take that out on Lily who was only trying to be friends.

Thats just her way of showing her disdain by ignoring Your Cats.

I think that you are a better person, you have such a good heart, and are such a Very Good Meeowmie to Lily and Luna.
    What a shame that Lilys feelings were hurt unneccisarily.

I would welcome LILY and LUNA and bring them both AWA Mice!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Your nearest and dearest are often the ones who can hurt you very much. But cats: they often like people who don't like them as these people normally don't pester them with "Oh you little cutie pie" etc
    If people visit with babies however it will be me who keeps her arms behind her back

I like one of my sisters much better when her husband is not around. And I do not like how he is with my cats (he shoos them off the table and other furniture IN MY HOUSE.)

But, I think he feels equal to me so that's okay.

I am like Barbara - when people ask "do you want to hold the baby?" I wonder why they want me to do so.

How terrible! I am joining the ranks of people who would love to give Lily some extra-special attention (and Luna too) to make up for this rudeness.. if only I were near enough..
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

reminds me of that "Get Fuzzy" cartoon from several months ago

Bucky Katt: Foodar here can sense when food is near, even when it is hidden
    Satchel (dog): Wow, so he's got 6 senses?
    Bucky: No, seven. All cats have 6 senses
    Satchel: Really? What's you guys' 6th sense?
    Bucky: All cats can sense who is uncomfortable with them. Then we sit in their laps!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Poor Lily. I can't imagine anyone not wanting a sweet kitty or puppy on their lap.
    She could sit on me anytime she wanted and for a long as she wanted.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Lily my dearest, you could have had my lap all day! I would have gladly held and petted you.

I know what you mean about uncomfortable family gatherings. My brother and I don't see eye to eye on most things. He told me on several occasions that he would have put Pouncer down after so much money spent at the vet's because "you can't chose a pet's well being over your family's" Ummm.... I don't question how he spends his money, so why should he question mine?

In Heaven, ALL the furniture is covered in cat hair, and cats! Give Lily and Luna BIG HUGS and LOVES from me. I would have petted Lily for hours if she would have let me!

Awwww Lily! I you! *hugs and cuddles*

I don't get how people can be so mean to friendly cats. Way to share in the affection they try to give you . I'll admit to pushing Remus off my lap when hes just being a beggar kitty and wanting food though lol. It irks me when people push him off out of instant dislike. No cat deserves that!