Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Lost kitty

Help! Lost kitty

My brother adopted a 6-7 month old cat today. Through a freak accident the kitty escaped and took off. I spotted him about 90 minutes ago, but he was too scared to come to me and I lost track of him after a few minutes.

What can we do? Fliers have been posted all over the neighborhood. The kitty was wearing a collar and ID tag, and he is microchipped, but he doesn't know us and he doesn't know the neighborhood. He must be so scared and frantic...

Food has been left out for him, and my brother is out searching with a flashlight and some yummy chicken....but if anyone else has any suggestions we'd love to hear them! I'm so worried...

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Hoodini bolted out the door today too!!! John just spotted him right now and so far all I can suggest is the yummy treats! *sigh* Im praying that we find both our missing kitties!! *HUGS*

Goodness, I have no suggestions since everything you're already doing I would've suggested. Prayers are going up, though, that you both find your kitties quickly, easily and safe and sound.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

So sorry to hear of your dilemma. It is one of the worst feelings ever to have a lost pet. You are pretty much doing everything you can. It is good that he has a collar. I remember when my cat Moose got out one night. I was up every half hour looking for him at the back door. He wasn't much for being held but when he came back in I hugged and hugged him and I think he realized I missed him.

Do you have one of those humane traps, or could you perhaps borrow one, and set it with some really stinky and tempting food to lure the kitty back? It worked for Freedom a couple of weeks ago when one of her kitties escaped.

What Moesha said!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The Pet Talker Animal Search and Rescue Squad is on the case and they ahve brought some sausages from thier Picnic with the Polish Animal Angels last night.
    Sadly a young Cat will run out inpulsively and become disoriented.
    We are praying your brothers Cat finds his way home and doesnt stray too far.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Can you borrow a live trap and bait it with yummies?

Prayers that both kitties are home soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We sell live traps at my work, and if kitty isn't home today I'm going to talk to my brother about buying one. I'm concerned that we might trap some of the area's many ferals instead of the cat we want, but I guess that would just be a good excuse to get them neutered and vaccinated before re-releasing them.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I had a humane trap to catch the elusive Pouncer Roccalno
    and ended up catching some rather irritated Porch Ctas who did not appreciate being caged , to say the least.
    Good luck to both Your Brother Cat Cathy, and of course to DJFyrewolfs Hoodini, that hes not as elusive as his namesake
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My brother rented a trap yesterday, and put up a whole bunch more fliers. Wish us luck!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I hope the trap will make the kitty come back - shrimps or raw white fish should work. Late evenings when it's quiet around, is a good time to try.

Good luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

OMG I would just be so Frantic.. I sure hope the Live Trap works.. Best of Luck.. Sending lots of Prayers.. Keep us posted..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

OH NO!

For good search tips, see http://www.catsinthebag.org/

Please please, if you haven't already, call your animal control and notify them of the missing cat. In my community, you can email a photo as part of the notification.

Good luck!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Oh gosh, having a kitten disappear the same day you adopted it, is so heartbreaking. What worries me is that this poor little thing doesn't even know his area yet or his new family for that matter and could just keep running further & further away. Poor baby must be soooo scared.

Big time prayers that he is found safe & sound and reunited with your brother very soon.
    I will light a candle for his safe return.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010