Thread: Asking for more Prayers please..(UPDATE! Post 23. My baby girl is back home.)

Threaded View

Asking for more Prayers please..(UPDATE! Post 23. My baby girl is back home.)

Please say a prayer for my Lindy Lou this time.

As most of you know, Lindy Lou is a polydactyl and she is having problems with one of her claws which is next to her thumb. Unfortunately she will have to get it removed. Everytime I have to clip her nails, that claw is so hard to get to that I land up hurting sweet Lindy when I try to spread her paws open to get to it. It is so far back compared to the others and really squeezed in there. Even the vet had a hard time that she hurt Lindy also. It has grown so thick and wide that it is becoming impossible to clip, plus it is starting to curl into her paw. I don't know why, but that one claw seems to grow faster than the others. Maybe it's because I can't clip it as close like the others.
    I know this isn't a full declaw, just that one claw, but I am so against declawing that I feel sick to my stomach that she has to go through this.
    The vet warned me last year that it might have to eventually happen and unfortunately, now it has.

It's her right paw that will have to be done. Notice the difference in size of the thumb on her left paw compared to the right one. Her left thumb is more flexible compared to the right one. It's more stiff, that's why I have problems trying to get to the claw beside it.

I will be bringing her in tonight and she will have the surgery tomorrow.
    I have LES right now just writing about it.

Please say a prayer for my poor sweet girl, Lindy Lou, that everything will turn out okay.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 05-09-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: To add to the title

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010