Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ozzy - Beautiful Long Hair Male Cat Needs a Home - 1st Lady Declined

Ozzy - Beautiful Long Hair Male Cat Needs a Home - 1st Lady Declined

Hi All,

On March 24, 2009 I noticed this younger looking cat outside my apartment complex and I thought it was a tortie but I was incorrect. It turned out to be a male cat and he was long hair. I posted this thread about him shortly after I trapped him and now he's looking for a foster home or forever home.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=151584

I have been posting up ads for him to try to get him a forever home but no one seems interested.

When I first trapped him he was covered in burdocks and he even had some around his private areas and he needed to be shaved because of them. The vet was able to do a great job on cleaning him up.

He is negative for FIV/FELV. He's very scared right now and I'd love to get him a great home where someone will take the time to give him love and care.

Right now he is staying at Shirley's house (the lady I volunteer with) but he has to stay in the cage in the basement because she doesn't have any other room for him and I can't take him in because of Ashley and her peeing everywhere.

Please if you know someone who would be willing to foster him or adopt him please let me know. I'd be willing to drive him to you. I just want to see him get a great home and he really deserves one. He has some battle scares but he's not mean or aggressive. He's just very scared and I was talking with Shirley about him last night and she said all he seems to do is just lay on the bed and not move around that much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA402_13443496-2-x.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	42273   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0002.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	400.3 KB 
ID:	42274  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 04-23-2009 at 01:03 PM.

Wow! He is beautiful! GOOD LUCK pretty boy on a forever home!

Do not sweat it, when the timing is right, his perfect home will come.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

He is handsom. With that color he could be Pretty Girls (Precious) brother
    GILL & Crew;

Gill are you interested

He is very sweet...he's just so scared.

Melissa

Yes that is what I thought.. He looks like Pretty Girl.. He is such a Handsome boy.. Come on John just one more..
    Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    He is handsom. With that color he could be Pretty Girls (Precious) brother

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

You realy want too tic off my wife, another boy in the house. It seems that all the guys except Chessie and Bailey are my buds, along with Precious and Penny. All the rest are hers. Chessie is her baby and is very jelious.
    GILL & Crew;

We really wish we could , but we are trying to get Pouncer Roccalno and Greystoke into the Hotel.

We are praying that someone will see that Wonderful Cat and fall in love.

In the name of Our All Mighty Lord God above we join you in prayer for a happy ending.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Just keep me informed.
    GILL & Crew;

Aw, poor little guy looks scared and confused. Prayers are going up that he'll find a permanent home soon.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I will be going to see Ozzy tomorrow night and I'll let everyone know how he's doing. So far he's just really scared and according to Shirley he doesn't move that much. Only to eat and go to the bathroom and then he just sits back down on his bed thing and well to be honest it's very sad and it breaks my heart but with my two having some pee wars in the house (esp. since I rent) I can't take him in even though I'd love to.

Please cross post this if you can.

Thanks,
    melissa

Today I got a call from Shirley (she's the one who I volunteer with and she is keeping Ozzy for me since I don't have enough space and the pee wars).

She told me that this lady who lives about 15 mins. from State College is really interested in Ozzy and she would like to give him a try.

This lady did contact Shirley a few weeks ago about Ozzy and Shirley told her it would be good idea if she could come and meet with Ozzy and see what she thinks of him. She hasn't been able to meet at Shirleys yet because she's on new medication and she's not supposed to drive with it.

She is on diability and has a dog who is a special needs dog and she's a retired vet as well.

So Shirley suggested for me to take Ozzy to meet this women and sorta scope out her home to make sure she's a right fit for him and when I spoke with her on the phone earlier today she does understand that this will take sometime or at least I hope she does.

I am going to make it clear that he may be freaked out for a while and he just needs love and care. I printed out some really good handouts on scared kitties and hopefully that will help her.

Tonight I will be taking Ozzy to meet this lady and then later on when he's comfortable she can introduce the dog to him.

I'm really hoping things are going to go well tonight and that he will be semi-comfortable there.

I'll let everyone know either later tonight or tomorrow how thing's went.

Prayers that Ozzy has a new furrever home, that it is love at first sight.

I would think that, as a retired vet, she had to soothe a lot of scared kitties in her career.

Hope it all works out!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

First I need to clear up she's not that kind of retired vet

She was in the military and she is retired.

It went ok for the most part last night, Ozzy didn't seem to mind the dog at all except when he got out of her hands and he spazed a little bit but other than that he seemed to do ok. He was just really really scared and I held him and all he did was hide his face and I felt so bad for him.

She didn't take him last night because she didn't have any supplies ready she just wanted to do a meet and greet thing and I think it went well the only bad thing is that Shirley does not adopt out to people who smoke in the house and I think she does.

I'm hoping I can get in contact with this lady today and let her know that and hopefully she'll start smoking outside or just tell Shirley that so she can adopt Ozzy.

I'm not sure how you guys feel about smoking in the house but I know it's not good for anyone but I just feel like this maybe our only opportunity for him to find a good home and where someone is home all the time and can work with him.

I don't think she was up for paying the full adoption fee but I could be wrong but I'm willing to pay it so that he doesn't have to be stuck in a cage anymore.

Well that's all for now I'm going to try to contact this lady today at my lunch hour and let her know I'd pay the adoption fee if she really wants Ozzy.

Melissa

I really hope that this can be ozzy's forever home, I will keep my fingers crossed

Well I'm a complete sucker. The night I was taking Ozzy back to Shirley's I couldn't stand putting him in that cage again so I discussed him staying with me at our place with Shirley and she agreed that she thought it might do him some good to come and stay with us.

So I set him up in the bathroom Tuesday night and he did freak out a bit but he later calmed down.

Last night I spent a good amount of time with him and got him to purr. He's just so scared right now.

We haven't heard anything yet from that lady so I have a gut feeling she's not going to call and that she's not interested in him.

Maybe it was the adoption fee that she didn't want to pay but I told her I would cover it for her.

Anyone here who would love a sweet guy who just needs a little time?

Melissa