Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BOXERS!!! : )

Hybrid View

BOXERS!!! : )

I love boxers! I have a female, fawn, 1 year old boxer named Nikki. She is very skinny and we can't seem to fatten her up(probably because she runs so much). We got her from a boxer rescue program and when we got her she had kennel cough and infected lips from gettig into the disinfectent in the kennel. What we didn't know when we got her was that she was pregnant! She had six puppies on June 28. They are gone now and I miss them so much! One of them lives down the street, though. Nikki is very healthy now and her coat is the softest I've felt on any boxer. I love her lips! She is my baby girl and I don't know how I ever lived without her!

[This message has been edited by BoxerLover (edited November 13, 2000).]

How good you were to give her a home even though she was in such tough shape! I wouldn't worry about fattening her up! I have seen very few "fat" boxers, and she's surely a healthy girl now! Give her a tummy-rub for me, and I bet she loves you every bit as much as you love her!

Thanks Karen! I will give her a belly rub for you!

Hi, i love boxers too. i have 2 female boxers and one of them is real skinny like you said yours is. i cant help but think something is wrong but weve had blood work done that revealed no problems. she eats like a vacuum cleaner. lol. i love my girls lips too, they give such a sappy sweet expression.

Raynie,
    How old are your boxers? What are there names? Fawn or Brindle? Nikki eats like a vaccum cleaner, too! I love boxers and I want to breed and raise them. When Nikki had pups it was so fun and exciting!

Boxer Lover:

Have you had her checked for worms?

hi again boxerlover, i have 2 fawn females.
    lady victoria 111 (tori) is almost 9, we got her as a retired breeder when she was 4-1/2. she is the stocky one, very sweet and protective.
    gazelle is 2-1/2. (the boney maloney) we adopted her from a lady who had allergies and i think she couldnt handle her. we took her to obediance classes and now she is mellow and so sweet that she has a pathetic look to her.lol
    i'll look foreward to hearing more about your boxers as well.

Oh Raynie, how I do love these situations of "adoption". It just makes my whole day when I can read these turnaround situations. Bless you and thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

There are 4 boxers in the agility class I am attending now with my aussie. I never thought of boxers in agility but they are doing pretty good. Just thought I'd let you boxer people out there know that boxers seem to be gaining popularity in agility.

teena,
    I have had Nikki checked for worms. She doesn't have them. It's probably just because she plays so much and runs so fast. She's not SUPER skinny, but just skinny.

teena,
    I have had Nikki checked for worms. She doesn't have them. It's probably just because she plays so much and runs so fast. She's not SUPER skinny, but just skinny.

Sorry for posting twice. Didn't see it the first time.

I have never bought an animal from a breeder or pet store. We adopted/rescued all
    16 of them.

Hi!
    Nikki does not seem like an agility type of dog. I am going to try to get involved in flyball with her next summer. Me and my nieghbor (who is going to help me) went to a flyball tournament and talked to owners about getting involved in flyball. Well, every time we mentioned BOXER, they said, "Boxer? I don't think you want to start with your boxer, they aren't good flybal dogs." I told them I guess they don't know Nikki very well then, do they? She would be perfect. You should see how FAST she is! I guess they'll be changing their attitudes when Nikki's team beats their dogs!

i think a sleek type boxer would be great for flyball or agillity. gazelle is just like nikki, she loves to run and jump. thats how she got her name!