Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My trip to beautiful Scotland

My trip to beautiful Scotland

I took a mini-vacation and went to Scotland for three days... to visit Karen (Killiarn Kitties). I had an absolutely wonderful time! Scotland is so beautiful, and I will recommend everybody to see for yourself.

When I arrived in Edinburgh, I had the opportunity to meet Alec (KK’s husband), he was leaving for work in England.

The weather wasn’t very nice, but we were driving around, so it really didn’t matter. Karen is a good driver and knows all the places to go, of course.

I also got to meet Karen's mum, a really nice lady.

Karen agreed to go shopping and we both got some nice things.... Among other things, I bought a nice shirt, and a pair of Adidas Supernova for half the price of what they cost here.

I had been looking forward to meeting Jessica, Samantha and Daisy of course, and I did! However, I could not tell who was who. And they were not very sociable. However, I think it was Samantha who came to greet me a couple of times the last day.

Here’s Jessica on the terrasse, isn't she gorgeous!

I spotted Samantha sitting outside the window, she wanted to get in, but was a little cautious with me there.

Mum helped open the window for her.

Mickey from next door came to visit quite often, and was welcomed, although he helped himself to the Killiarn Kitties’ food. He is an old boy and rahter skinny, so he needed it.

Here he is, patiently waiting for dinner on the kitchen table. Such a sweet boy!

Karen made some delicious dinners..... did I mention we had some good wine with it.

We’re ready to eat!

Last edited by Randi; 05-05-2009 at 07:01 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

One day, we drove up to Glenturret Distiilery, hoping to see the new employee, who took over as a mouser when Towser died. Brooke was having her afternoon nap inside, but we did get to see her backside while fast asleep. No pictures allowed, unfortunately.

So in pure frustration , we went and took some pictures of the horses outside, they were gorgeous.

There was this little bridge over a stream that looked wonderful.

There were lots of Whisky barrels, but we didn’t taste or did the tour - I don’t like whisky.

Men working.

This is a statue of Towser, the previous mouser there. He lived to be 24 years old and was famous for his hunting skills.

Here I am giving him an ear scritch.

We had lunch there too, and I found the best cake I’ve ever tasted.... “Shortbread Millionaire”

Last edited by Randi; 05-02-2009 at 07:09 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

On the way back, we spotted some Highland cattle and had to get a few pics....

Gorgeous animals!

We passed fields with sheep and lamb all the time, and they were so cute!

Lovely little villages too.

Across from the Highland cattle, we spotted a Christmas store - open all year. I have never seen anything like it, it was simply amazing!

Inside

They have little rooms with different schemes.

Here's a link to the store: http://www.nutcrackerchristmasshop.co.uk/

Although the weather wasn’t very good, we did get a little bit of sun, so I could sit outside and have a cigaret.

Back home, I had to unpack as usual, and Fister loved my Adidas.

Of course, he had to check out my suitcase too.

THANK YOU FOR A LOVELY TIME, KAREN!!
    Last edited by Randi; 05-05-2009 at 07:03 AM.

Randi, it looks like you had a wonderful trip! Scotland is a beautiful country, my husband and I have traveled there, and I'm sure you had great hosts! The pictures are great! You should have tried the Whisky - the "water of life" over there is not the same as it is anywhere else! As I remember, they call the cattle "Highland Coo" - but I could be mistaken. They are gorgeous creatures, though.

Thanks for the pictures and memories of Scotland!
    Maggie

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I am so jealous. All the pictures
    are great. It's good you had time to go so many places.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I've only been to Scotland in January - it is MUCH greener in your pictures! I was in Glasgow, visiting my former boss. Glasgow is a different place - fairly industrial in many parts, but with many sturdy buildings built of yellow-colored stone that glows like burnished gold in the sunlight.
    I've Been Frosted

What a great place Scotland is and what a gracious host Karen is (not to mention, Samantha, Jessica, and Diasy!)

I am envious...it looks like you had a fabulous time Randi! And that red jacket!

What a kissable (if one should ever get that close!) face!

Hello Mr. Mickey...still the door crashing devil!

And our adorable Fister...welcoming mum home in his best kute kitty style!

I'm so glad I spotted this thread. What a wonderful trip!! I love all the pictures. It looks like a magical place. Like something I would see on tv. Thanks for sharing. It certainly looks like Fister was glad to have his Mom back home.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

WoW such Great Pics.. All of such Beauty.. Wish I could go.. Someday maybe..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oh how fun! I can imagine it was a fabulous trip with good company, beautiful scenery and shops! That Christmas shop is too cool! The highland cattle are so cool! I've never seen anything like those!

Of course, hugs and kisses for all the kitties! Such sweet faces!

What a wonderful little vacation! And it looks like you had great weather, too. Thanks for the report and the photos.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Randi, you took some lovely pictures! It's too bad that the weather wasn't a little better for us, but then, that's why the place always looks so green - other than in the middle of winter as Karen says.

The first cat picture you posted was of Jessica, our fluffy mummy, and it was Samantha who came in the window. That is a really nice photo of Jessica, much better than the evil look she reserves for most cameras. That is probably why you didn't recognise her.

I thoroughly enjoyed our days, and I am so well prepared for Christmas this year!

Glad to see that Fister approved of your purchases. The girls have eaten the last can of meat that he sent and thoroughly enjoyed it. Please pass on sume grateful hugs.

I am also jealous because it looks you came closer to the Grey Ladies than I ever managed
    But- I miss portraits of little lambs with a black nosie. We were very close to adopting one in April last year
    However Fister is another highlight- he obviously loves Adidas.