Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mandy is HOME p.4, #48; updates #24, 37; Mandy is missing

Mandy is HOME p.4, #48; updates #24, 37; Mandy is missing

Well, Mandy has been the one cat who has had lots of trouble settling in.

I trapped her as a kitten, maybe 4 months old. I held her here 4 days, then she went to be socialized and after a few months that wasn't working, then Donna -- Moos mom -- took her in for almost 14 months, then she came back here in June of 2008.

My Dad, (who has Alzheimer's) opened his window and did not drop the screen down. Several of the cats took advantage and got out. I discovered this last night at bedtime -- I feed the cats right before I hit the sack. There was Chaplin, looking at me from OUTSIDE the window, and meowing, "I want dinner, MEOWMIE!" Took me a moment, I looked around to see where he was that I had such a clear reflection of him in that window, then I realized he was OUTSIDE!

Raced around trying to figure how he got out, found Dad's window. Dad was already in bed asleep, but me hollering woke him. He had to think on it, but figured the window had been open 24 hours. So I got that screen down, so no more escapes.

Set about counting tails, raced outside trying to find everyone and herd them back in. (Typical PT story, me in pajamas running around in the dark with cat kibble calling "here kit kit kit kit KIT!" )

I slid the screen up on my bedroom window and Chaplin waltzed right in. WHEW! Got everyone else EXCEPT . . . Mandy.

Haven't seen her at all.

The past 3 weeks or so, Crystal had been giving her a hard time, they were having some fights especially at night.

She is spayed, shots were updated in January. But she doesn't have the ear tip, as none of us expected her to be out and about ever again. She has only been coming to me in the middle of the night for petting so she never really tamed up much at all. But she is not at least 2 years old, hasn't been out since she was 4 months. The colony I trapped her from is walking distance from here, some of the cats show up in my yard now and again. I don't think she would remember any of that, though. And of course we have the coyotes in the back field . . . .
    Last edited by Freedom; 05-03-2009 at 08:32 AM.

Freedom,

My heart is broken. I feel so bad and blame myself for not just keeping her with me. I am so sorry she got out and I hope and pray to God that she comes back. Check all the perimeters of the house, every nook and cranny you can find.

Please keep us posted.

I'm going to light a candle

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

If you were to see her, do you think she would come to you? Do you have a humane trap that you could put out with some food close to the house in case she is nearby? I probably sound like I'm grasping at straws. I feel bad for you and really hope that Mandy comes back.

Oh, Sandie... my heart goes out to you. I will keep prayers going that sweet little Mandy gets hungry and comes home to you. I know how much you love her, even though she isn't as tame as the rest.

Maybe if you can put out a trap with food in it, you can get her in it and get her back in the house.

((Hugs)) and prayers going out to you, your dad and Mandy.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Awww! COME HOME MANDY!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Mandy - come home please!!!

Sandie - hopefully she'll realize that the food is better at your house than in the wild. Prayers for her safe return.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Sandy, I'm so sorry that this happened. As Ellie said, maybe she'll realize how good she had it at home and come back after she gets her little taste of freedom. I will light a candle, too.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh dear, I always worry of such things happening. I hope she comes back to you.

Any sighting of Mandy yet, Sandie??? Everytime I think about her I cry that if it weren't for me giving her back, she'd be safe inside. Please forgive me.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Checking for a update too! Any news?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

THE PET TALKER ANIMAL ANGEL ARMY SEARCH AND RESCUE SQUAD IS N THE JOB, AND WE PRAY THTA MANDY IS SOMEWHERE OUT THERE , AND WILL COME HOME TO YOU ONE DAY.
    IN THIS OUR ALL MIGHTY LORDS NAME, WE PRAY!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh No Sandie I would just be so Defestated & Horrified.. Sending Lots of Prayers that Mandy comes home soon.. Come Home Now Sweetie Pie Mandy.. keep us posted ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

How sad to hear such news! With all the PT prayers and the Angel Army Search and Rescue team on the job I have to believe that sweet Mandy will be found safe and sound. Groucho is contacting the A&P Investigators to ask them to join the search.

Many, many prayers are being prayed to St. Francis, the Patron Saint of animals to protect her and lead her back to where she is so loved and cared for.

Please keep us updated?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

O Sandie!!! I am so sorry to read about Mandy!! PRAYERS for her safe return, and I am going to light a few candles for Mandy and you, too!!! Sandra

The CREW is so sad that this has happend. Mandy it's time to get home where your safe.
    GILL & Crew;