Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dewey..the Small-Town Library Cat who...

I made a list of books posted here and took it to the library to see if they could get them. Today I went and picked up "Dewey: the Library Cat who...." that they had ordered for me. I'm so looking forward to read it, but I am in the middle of Stieg Larsson' first book, so I will probably finish that first.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

It was a wonderful book. Dewey was loved by MILLIONS of people. He was one very lucky cat. I cried at the end.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

They also have his story in the video "PUSS IN BOOKS ... adventures of the library cat". It's a video of all the different cats that live in libraries. My students loved it, and almost all cried about Baker and Taylor, the cats from the publisher Baker & Taylor. It's a heartwarming video.

Yes, it's a wonderful book! Get the tissues ready when you read it. What happened to the movie about Dewey with Meryl Streep? Did it ever get to the theaters? I don't often get to the movies, but I'd like to see Dewey on the big screen.

I have read that book too, after reading an article about it in my Your Cat magazine that I have a subscription with. It is sad but also uplifting, like any story about living life, be in animal or human. I cried my eyes out when Dewey died of course, and it made me think of losing Jack but it's worth it to know what a wonderful cat Dewey was, he was a star. I hope you're playing hard at the bridge Dewey. xx

Another book I think people should read is "The Cat Who Cried for Help". VERY compelling. Shows how people always think of themselves, trying to mold their animals into what THEY think it should be, i.e. devocalization, declawing, etc. It's an eye opening read.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Shirley Rosseau Murphy cat stories

I'm reading the 4th one now, there are 17 of them with the 18th out soon. I saw the first one by chance at the grocery store. omg they are the best! the 2 cats help with murder mysteries...and they can TALK just like humans. I love these stories even though I am not a big fan of murder mysteries.

Lillian Jackson Braun of the "Cat Who..." stories passed away awhile ago. I loved those two Meezers.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie08 View Post
    I'm reading the 4th one now, there are 17 of them with the 18th out soon. I saw the first one by chance at the grocery store. omg they are the best! the 2 cats help with murder mysteries...and they can TALK just like humans. I love these stories even though I am not a big fan of murder mysteries.
    I have read them all and am waiting for her next one - release date Nov 2011. All the characters in Shirley's books are fun to know - the cats especially I love her humour and tails of intrigue

Dewey was an amazing read and I cried my heart out when he passed. I think anyone who has been owned by a special pet would feel the same. It is a wonderful tribute to a truly great cat

Another recommendation is "Homer's Odyssey" about a blind cat who is still alive and living with his author mom - wonderful story.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu