Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kia - Kimmy & Andy's FurPup - INJURED & Treated - Prayers Answered 4/25/09

Hope Kia is recovering well and enjoying her "special" diet!

I just saw this - poor Kia! Poor Andy and Kimmie - trying to keep her calm and quiet for 3 weeks might be a bit much. Seeing my dog coming at me obviously injured would have freaked me out. I am glad things have turned out relatively okay and she should be better in a few weeks.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Thanks everyone!

She's enjoying the wet food and hasn't refused a meal. Her water intake isn't that great though, so we baited it with chicken broth and she sucked down a full bowl.

She's been very good about resting and keeping quiet.

I'm hoping she'll be feeling well for Memorial Day. If she's back to her usual self, I think we'll bring her but restrict her time in the dog park.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, and very glad it is not as bad as it could be. Your lucky to have a great momma to get you to the ER fast, I would immagine a little more roughhousing would have made everything worse. I sure hope the same situation doesnt happen to my guy as he nails trees all the time chasing Alaska. He cant quite turn as fast as she can. And good luck with keeping her quiet and relaxed, its so hard when you have a playful dog.

glad to hear she's feeling better - she looked sooo forlorn in those pictures. Gentle snooter kissies!

Oh poor baby! . She looks woozy and maybe a bit sore in her pictures . Hoping she heals up quickly and is back to herself soon. I know this had to be quite a financial blow too. My thoughts are with Kia and the whole family ((hugs))
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Wow what an experience to go through. Kia and family I am thinking of you and hoping for a full recovery. Keep resting, Kia, you will be ok soon.

Feel better soon, Pretty Girl

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul View Post
    Oh poor baby! . She looks woozy and maybe a bit sore in her pictures . Hoping she heals up quickly and is back to herself soon. I know this had to be quite a financial blow too. My thoughts are with Kia and the whole family ((hugs))
    Actually, that was the cheapest we've had to pay there out of the 4 times having to take a pet there. Got out under $500 this time. We just added it to the $2,400 bill we're already paying monthly on from when the cat was there in December.

Kia seems to be doing OK. She's just lying around, not smacking her jaws as much as she was doing last night. Gave her the antibiotic around 12:30 and will dose her with more painkillers sometime soon before I head out for the day.
    Friend to Kia, Chipper, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Harley, Baby Crested, Mei, Esme, Jasper and Lucy Inara, along with the hermit crabs.

Thanks for the update, Andy. Please give Kia gentle smoochies for me.

I've been Boooo'd!

AWWW...those pictures! Sweetie, it'll be OK - your family will take good care of you and make sure you don't get in any more boo-boos! Obey your doctor and get well soon!

Hugs and kisses to you sweetie

Oh poor little girl I can imagine how bad she was feeling after all that.
    I'm glad to hear she's eating fine and taking all her meds.

More prayers headed her way for a speedy recovery.
    (((HUGS))) to you all

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

oh wow...gotta love a vet er, but the cost is a wowsa...get better sweetie...
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Big hugs for Kia! I hope she is feeling much better.

Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex View Post
    oh wow...gotta love a vet er, but the cost is a wowsa...get better sweetie...
    They do good work there, but the thing that bugs most locals is that they're a teaching hospital, where they're teaching college student to become vets, so you'd think they wouldn't charge as much as they do, because they charge more than vet offices do.....but again, they have equipment most vets don't have so we have to go there as needed.

Of the 4 pet visits there over the last few years, the total has been about $6,400.....always with payment plans because we never have that kind of extra money sitting around.
    Friend to Kia, Chipper, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Harley, Baby Crested, Mei, Esme, Jasper and Lucy Inara, along with the hermit crabs.