Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redecorated my room last weekend! (update #36: new colors for the "kitty room"!)

Wow your room looks awesome! I love the mix of colors... That room has good walls to do multiple colors on like that. And all of your accessories look great with the colors too.

Good to hear you stuck to your idea with the darker color. Some people are just afraid of color. Our master bedroom is charcoal.. And I love it! People's mouths hit the floor when I mention it and I just smile. There's no white rooms in our house! I've painted every one of them!

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Thanks!

Some people are just afraid of color. Our master bedroom is charcoal.. And I love it! People's mouths hit the floor when I mention it and I just smile.
    That is true! Most people I know chose only light colors for their walls, and often enough, it looks boring. I saw a charcoal colored wallpaper at the do-it-yourself-store the other day, and actually it looked cool. Combined with interesting deco elements, it's simply stunning!

Kirsten

It looks great! I really love the color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Thanks!

That is true! Most people I know chose only light colors for their walls, and often enough, it looks boring. I saw a charcoal colored wallpaper at the do-it-yourself-store the other day, and actually it looked cool. Combined with interesting deco elements, it's simply stunning!

Kirsten
    Our room is Charcoal walls, with a 6 inch white [paint] border around the top. Dark red curtains, bedding, black furniture, a red upholstered chair and red knick knacks. I think it looks really rich and comfortable. And the carpet is white, so that makes it look not soo dark and dreary. Hopefully some day we can replace the OLD white plush -yuck!- carpet and then replace the baseboards with nicely painted white ones. That would really finish off the room.

I looked through your pics again... I really like the different colors on the walls. I wish I had a room with different angels like that to do it in.. all our rooms are simple 4 wall rooms.

Do you have pics of the charcoal room? I am interested to see it. I am among the persons who prefer very light colors, and I don't dare having too strong or dark colors. But I am searching new ideas too.

Not trying to hijack the thread... But since Sonia59 asked, here's two pics of our master bedroom.
    Looks like my lens is a little dirty, so disregard the water spots... Must have gotten sprayed while in the frog room.

The ceiling fan light seems to have made the quilt look kind of orangy-bittersweet colored, but its really red. Just had to have that light on because its dark and rainy here today.

I highly recommend painting rooms a rich [darker than you'd think...] color. Our kitchen and office are a medium-dark green, our extra bathroom is chocolate brown, & other bath is a dark golden color. I just finished painting my mom's master a dark olive green and she LOVES it. It's just paint.. so it can always be redone! =)
    Last edited by Seravieve; 04-27-2009 at 10:04 AM.

I love your color scheme, but it is the "accessories" that make the room

WoW it all looks so Great & of Beauty.. Can you come to Texas next & do my house?? Oh yes I just Love the Girls in the pics = they are just too Adorable..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thanks!
    Yes, I think my girls fit in here purrfectly now ! LOL

Seravieve, that looks awesome! In combination with the red, it's simply stunning! Great job!

Kirsten

WOW is all i can say Kirsten, i love the colours you have chosen, they look wonderful, when you wrote them down i had could image something yummy to eat, being a chocoholic,never far from my mind lol, and the fur accessories, well what can one say BEAUTIFUL, thanks for sharing and enjoy your new decor.

Speaking of dark colours i too have light colours ,it is not that i don't like dark ones just not daring enough, however our daughter choose a nice dark rich red for her very small bedroom., i really was not keen, it had been a light yellowish cream, and the results are great, along with black curtains and a red and black chinese print duvet,and with white skirting boards and a wood ceiling it looks really good.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Seravieve, it's great color! I love it. Thanks for the pics. I am not sure I would paint a living room dark, but a bedroom may be. It looks warm.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I love your style!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59 View Post
    Seravieve, it's great color! I love it. Thanks for the pics. I am not sure I would paint a living room dark, but a bedroom may be. It looks warm.
    Thanks!!

I agree.. It might be too much for a living room. It really depends on the size of the room and the amount of light it gets. We have an 8 ft all glass sliding door, so it gets a lot of light in the bedroom, even with the curtains closed. Accessories help too.. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Seravieve View Post
    Thanks!!

I agree.. It might be too much for a living room. It really depends on the size of the room and the amount of light it gets. We have an 8 ft all glass sliding door, so it gets a lot of light in the bedroom, even with the curtains closed. Accessories help too.. =)
    Exactly. This is what I thought when I saw your sliding door behind the curtain.
    It's the same for Kirsten's room I think. From what I see on the pictures, it looks naturally very lighty, you have big windows, isn't it Kirsten?

You have excellent taste, Kirsten. Your apt. looks positively magical and very welcoming, too; a great combination.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11