Thread: Mental Malachi...

Mental Malachi...

...is mental. He is such a funny kitten. Of course, I've never had a kitten so maybe his odd behaviors are normal. What's with the leaving of toys in food and water bowls? I swear I come home from work to find a toy floating in water or sitting in a food bowl. Gross! LOL

Just now, as I was typing, Malachi brought a toy over and dumped it into the food dish and started eating. I threw the toy, and he brought it right back and dumped it in his bowl.

He is such a grubby little guy too. I must have been lucky with Phinehas because Phinehas is a very clean cat. Hardly had to sweep but once a week and Phinehas had such good manners he never got on any of my wood furniture (kitchen table, buffet, coffee table) or anything that wasn't his - oh, but Malachi does, and he leaves prints and smears from his feet! I'm sweeping every other day and just trying to keep up with the Malachi grub. Yuk! LOL

He's scheduled for "the big snip" on Monday April 6, so hopefully everything will go well. Poor little guy isn't the brightest crayon in the box, but he certainly loves Phinehas and he knows how to play fetch!

Cuddle bugs:

Awwwww....

Oh, Meowmie... did you see the video that Auntie KAK made of him playing fetch while you were away? It's priceless! Malachi, why does your toy need to be in your food dish? Must be a kitten thing

Malachi and Phinehas, I am so glad you're happy kitty buddies! *kiss* *kiss*
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Karen, like I had mentioned before, maybe he's just trying to bury his toys or maybe he wants to be sure that they get plenty of food and water.LOL Hopefully he'll outgrow this soon.

My Sunny,who will be 9 in August,still likes to play with the water in the water bowls. I've had to put them in clean litter boxes to avoid a big mess. I thought he's outgrow this but so far he hasn't. My girls love to sit in my kitchen sink and their paws get wet so I also have the problem of wet kitten paw prints smeared on my counter tops and glass dining room table.

Malachi is just a dirty little boy but I'm sure you love him any way.

I think he is a very clean little guy- first he kills his prey and then he puts it in the food bowl where it belongs

No- I think Malachi is just a kitten and he is a naughty and active kitten. I suppose this is what causes havoc around him now. I remember Filou and Tigris galloping through everywhere- you really thought they were mental. Filou still can be like this- he's a full blood Aby after all. In Tigris his share in Siberian character became more important with age so he is calm now.

I just love Malachi- IMO he can't do wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    No- I think Malachi is just a kitten and he is a naughty and active kitten. I suppose this is what causes havoc around him now.
    Odd choice of words since my cat's name is Havoc and he does weird stuff too. He's funny though. His favorite game is putting one of his toys in a shoe and taking it back out over and over and over. I can't tell you how many times I've went to put my shoes on in the morning and there's a fuzzy mouse toy in there. If a shoe isn't around, he'll do it with a flip-flop or sandal. He's only put something in the water bowl once, thankfully. He'll also "kill" one of his toys and give it to us as a present in the morning. Guess it's a kitten thing since he's about 10 months old. He's goony sometimes, but we love him for it.

Malachi, my kitties seem to never have outgrown their kitten behavior. I have glass table tops and, if my Fur Posse could talk, they'd never be able to deny where they've been. The evidence in the way of paw prints is everywhere for everyone to see. LOL You sound like a little stinker; just the way I like 'em. Stay a kitten and drive your mom crazy; that's your job. LOL
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Perhaps he just wants to keep his toys someplace where he knows he can find them again. Or else he prefers them to smell like food.

I think you're a little darling, Malachi, and I think that third photo may be the sweetest thing in history.

You are absolutely beautiful Malachi, no matter what funny little habits you have!

*giggle* some of these reponses just had me laughing out loud. It's hard not to love cats and their silly quirks. They certainly do keep us on our toes! I love the video that Tracey posted of him playing fetch. We go through that routine every night, so hopefully he'll keep that behavior. Malachi goes through toys like nobody's business. There's this particular toy (it's a stuffed brown mouse) that he absolutely loves and I have no idea why. I've gone through 4 of them already! If that toy isn't around, he tends to pick a toy to focus on for his fetching games.
    I can't help but laugh because Malachi can be so clumsy sometimes. He might be playing with Phinehas or with himself and will jump on and off chairs or the couch and sometimes he will miss and fall to the floor. Then he kind of looks at me confused and his expression is just so darn funny. He also has the habit of chasing and chewing on his tail. He's certainly easily amused! LOL

Aww, what a gorgeous boy he is! I love the third picture of them cuddling, it's the sweetest ever!

I think Barbara is right about him seeing his toy as prey and want to put it where it belongs. I bet after he gets fixed, he'll slow down a bit. But isn't it a joy to see him and Phinehas having such a good time!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh my goodness he is a beautiful boy. And, I love the cuddle bugs picture.

I researched why they put things in their water dish awhile ago on Google because my cat Mack does this. Having 4 cats I wasn't quite sure WHO was doing it until I caught Mack in the act one day. The hot pink fuzzy mouse had turned the water a pretty color but I was concerned about the cats drinking it.

Anyway, several places agreed that they do this because they feel the water dish is a safe place for their toys. I also find twisties in the water occasionally and I really do not even know where he finds them but it concerns me because I am always afraid someone will swallow one.

Hopefully your kitty grows out of it but unfortunately, my Mack is still doing it and he is no longer a kitten.

What breed of cat is Malachi? I've never seen ears like that. Wow! He's adorable.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Looks like an Abyssinian to me -- although his ears are a bit more pointed. Now I'm curious.
    Sebastian & Miss Minnie

Oriental Shorthair - like his granpa Phinehas!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Yes, both Phinehas and Malachi are Oriental Shorthairs. They're both very handsome.