Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My blackie Boo is at it again!

My blackie Boo is at it again!

At bedtime last night all was well, Pidge was at the bottom of my bed and I could've sworn Boo decided to sleep upstairs w/me, too. I was all snuggled in but there was only one cat: Pidge. I called Boo. No answer. I got up and looked for him, thinking that he was w/the rest of the Fur Posse. Couldn't find him. I searched every inch of this house and no Boo. I then became impatient and soon thereafter scared. Very scared. I searched for him for at least half an hour, got the rest of the Fur Posse all riled up. There was only one explanation: when I took the trash out before bed, he must have darted out the door w/out my seeing him because it was dark and he's so black. I opened the kitchen cabinet to get my flashlight so that I could search for him outside and there he was, just sitting on the bottom shelf. Usually when I call him, he answers so, clearly, he was enjoying every minute of my panic. I was so relieved that he was safe that I started to bawl. This boy is 18 1/2 years old and he still pulls his stunts. What am I going to do w/him?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boo Bear.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	496.4 KB 
ID:	42329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	His Majesty Boo Bear.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	687.3 KB 
ID:	42330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	His Majesty Boo Bear 2.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	631.5 KB 
ID:	42331  
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I can feel your pain! I am so glad he wasn't outside. It is a little commical that he was in the cupboard. How did he get in there? Buddy used to have hiding spots where I could not find him. He doesn't seem to do that any more thankfully. Boo, behave yourself so your mamma doesn't get upset!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Knock it off Boo - you're gonna give Mom a heart attack! !! Then who will take care of the Fur Posse???

My RB Meezer Ming would open the kitchen cabinets and lay in among the pots and pans. One of my son's cats gets up on the built in bookcases on either side of the fireplace, and the other one opens the linen closet door and lays among the clean towels. It took a while before we caught on to these hiding spots, but now we look there first when they go missing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    I can feel your pain! I am so glad he wasn't outside. It is a little commical that he was in the cupboard. How did he get in there? Buddy used to have hiding spots where I could not find him. He doesn't seem to do that any more thankfully. Boo, behave yourself so your mamma doesn't get upset!
    Oh he's very good at getting in the cupboard. It's the getting out part that poses a problem. He hooks his paw around the edge of the door and in he goes. Once he's in, though, he has to push on the door and apparently he doesn't push hard or far enough. I should've thought to look there first because he likes to sit on the bottom shelf. My RB Puddy did, too.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Mary!!! I am so glad Boo was not outside!!! Cats can do some pretty amazing things....maybe we should have a separate thread describing their antics!!! Glad all is well!!

That is so funny! They ALL do that at some time or other and we always panic! WHY they don't respond when we call them is beyond me but they hardly ever do. I am glad that you finally realized where he was and found him.. Gosh, we love these babies so much that it don't take much to make us panic. (Are they taking advantage of that?)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh he's very good at getting in the cupboard. It's the getting out part that poses a problem. He hooks his paw around the edge of the door and in he goes. Once he's in, though, he has to push on the door and apparently he doesn't push hard or far enough. I should've thought to look there first because he likes to sit on the bottom shelf. My RB Puddy did, too.
    Hmmmm...I guess you are going to need to get some of those baby proof locks for your cabinet! It is funny how they love cupboards. I have a cupboard in my bathroom that I rarely use but if I do open it for some reason I will have at least one cat peeking in the door saying "oooohhh what's in there mom"?

Isn't it just like them to hide and you can't find them. Last night when I was ready for bed I was searching for Hermes and even though we have a small place you think I would be able to find him. Well it's really sad when they are lying on your pillow and you are searching for them.

Melissa

Aren't they little stinkers? Taz used to do that ALL the time until I figured out his hiding spots. Usually I'd walk around calling him and then all of the sudden he'd appear just sitting there looking at me like "what's all the fuss about?".
    Taz can also open the cabinet doors under the sink in the back bathroom that we don't use but the toilet in.

I'm so glad he was still in the house though. Whew!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

THE FOUND CATS WILL DO THAT ONCE IN A WHILE , AND YOU HAVE TO SEARCH THE HOTEL FOR THEM.
    AND THEN THERE THEY ARE ALUGHING AT YOU!!

I THINK THAT THEY ARE MAKING SURE THAT WE ARE NOT TAKING THEM FOR GRANTED AND WANT US TO COME AND FIND THEM ONCE IN A WHILE.

WHOSE SAYS SENIOR KITTYZENS DONT HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Ah, yes, cupboards! There's only one that Pinot girl REALLY wants to get into, and that's where her food is stored! The pantry, however...well, anyway....I digress.

Blackie don't give your Mom such a start! I'll bet the look you got when you found Blackie was one they're very good at, too - "I've been here the whole time, what IS your problem?"

I'm glad all turned out OK - has your blood pressure calmed down yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

I opened the kitchen cabinet to get my flashlight so that I could search for him outside and
    there he was, just sitting on the bottom shelf.
    Boots da Kat would pull those stunts frequently ...
    Hop into a cupboard or closet then HIDE for hours behind the closed door.

I a blind panic, I'd be opening doors, "looking" while knowing he wasn't going to
    be in there, when suddenly I'd see a dark shape MOVING in the
    darkness of the linen closet or the pantry cupboard!

Darn KAT had a dark side - he'd never show himself the first few times
    his 'spot' was opened for inspection ... he'd always wait till da Hoomin
    was fully into frantic/panic mode before making his move.

How too funny.. Yup dont you just hate it when you loose a baby Indoors.. I have been there done that.. Yes You Panic Bigg Time.. Now my Eighteen yr old baby who passed on at age 22 == would do the same thing.. If she was not trying to sneak outside she would be hiding in the house in a closet or cabinet.. Well so glad Boo was found & all is good & well & calm now..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

We are very, very careful that no one gets out. We do loss a cat in the house every once in a while. We lost Boots for almost a week. Could not find her any where. Then there was a noise in the attic. We have pull down stairs. SPOTED. Since we are still working on the renovation there is no ceiling up stairs, just insulation with a plastic sheet. She found a way up through one of the closets. Since Boots is semi-feral there is no way she would come or answer when called.
    It keeps us on our toes.
    GILL & Crew;

Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    We are very, very careful that no one gets out. We do loss a cat in the house every once in a while. We lost Boots for almost a week. Could not find her any where. Then there was a noise in the attic. We have pull down stairs. SPOTED. Since we are still working on the renovation there is no ceiling up stairs, just insulation with a plastic sheet. She found a way up through one of the closets. Since Boots is semi-feral there is no way she would come or answer when called.
    It keeps us on our toes.
    That's exactly what's going on here, a renovation, and I thought he might have climbed into a heat vent and gotten stuck in the wall or something. The thing is, I know his hiding spots but I went into panic mode when he didn't answer my call. He's like a dog in that sense; he usually answers me. That's why I thought he got out even though I'm fanatical about watching that there are no escapees. I thought "Where else could he be but outside?" yet I didn't feel him brush past me or see him dart out. It was just my monkey mind taking over.
    Blessings,
    Mary