Thread: Arlen Specter

Arlen Specter

Be you a "D" or and "R" or anything in between.... Are you pissed off about this? Not that he changed sides, we all should know that 99.9% of all politicians would sell their kids for more votes. But the complete and utter arrogance of this guy?

"I am not prepared to have my 29-year record in the United States Senate decided by the Pennsylvania Republican primary electorate,"

Sadly, this is not a shock. Mindless "D"'s cheer him on. Mindless "R"'s call him a prostitute, like they themselves are not the very same thing.

People, we need to stop bickering at each other because of a stupid letter attached to a persons name. We need to wake up and see that they ALL need to go. That they ALL are destoying and raping the very documents that got us this far. We need to remember that just because a poll says most people want something, still does not make it Constitutional. Our Constitution is in real jeopardy I fear and has been for some time.

We need to get pissed off and tell them so. We need to stop being so complacent, else we get what we deserve.

I really, really fear for what this country will look like when it comes time to turn Hannah loose into it. Will it even still be here?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Years ago, he was a D before he was an R, wasn't he? Guess he's just going back home!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Senator Specter is the 3rd current member of the U.S. Senate to switch parties. The others - Richard Shelby of Alabama and Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut. source

Since 1890, there have been 20 Senators who have switched. Senator Specter is the 21st. source

Grace... Its not the switching of parties that bothers me. There is so little difference anymore that it really does not matter anyway. Why should it matter what letter is after a name? Shouldn't they be voting their conscience anyway? Party be darned?

What bothers me is the utter arrogance of his statement. The utter arrogance of just about EVERY person we elect to "lead" us. The obvious contempt for The Constitution.

Why do we need parties anyway? I see them as the vessel that divides us more than anything. Republicans this.... Democrats that... We seem to rarely argue VALUES or Constitutionality anymore. Why?

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

Why do we need parties anyway? I see them as the vessel that divides us more than anything. Republicans this.... Democrats that... We seem to rarely argue VALUES or Constitutionality anymore. Why?
    Good point. Vote the MAN and not the party as I have always done. In Mr. Specter's case unfortunately I think he is just trying to keep his job. He would have been defeated as a Republican. Time will tell if he makes it as a Democrat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Good point. Vote the MAN and not the party as I have always done.
    The MAN....gosh...what about the WOMAN? No votes for her?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    I am sure she meant "the party not the person."

It was not at all a surprise, though people wonder why we don't trust politicians!
    I've Been Frosted

When an acceptable woman runs I will vote for her. As Karen pointed out it will be the person and not the party.

Heck NO! You dang womens belong in da kitchen and fetching me beers.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Heck NO! You dang womens belong in da kitchen and fetching me beers.

that's right... and my glass is getting empty so CHOP CHOP.

lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    that's right... and my glass is getting empty so CHOP CHOP.

lol

You wound me so..... But....

Yes Dear.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

12. Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    When an acceptable woman runs I will vote for her. As Karen pointed out it will be the person and not the party.
    Seriously Pam....no woman who has ever run for office has ever been acceptable? This congress has the highest number of women ever - 17 in the Senate and 74 in the House. And of course, there are women governors.

But I am just shocked to think you consider none of these women acceptable!

I, too, vote for the candidate, not the party. I have voted for a candidate from all different parties but never based on gender.

Seriously Pam....no woman who has ever run for office has ever been acceptable? This congress has the highest number of women ever - 17 in the Senate and 74 in the House. And of course, there are women governors.

But I am just shocked to think you consider none of these women acceptable!

I, too, vote for the candidate, not the party. I have voted for a candidate from all different parties but never based on gender.
    Maybe not in Pam's district or State ...

I have been grateful for the past several years, you can remain registered as an Unenrolled (in any certain party) voter in Massachusetts no matter whom you vote for. You used to have to fill out a card after you voted to change back to unenrolled, or you'd suddenly "BE" a D or and R, and they'd flood you with junk mail, phone calls and requests for donations.

When I want a party, I'll throw one, thank you!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

I have been grateful for the past several years, you can remain registered as an Unenrolled (in any certain party) voter in Massachusetts no matter whom you vote for. You used to have to fill out a card after you voted to change back to unenrolled, or you'd suddenly "BE" a D or and R, and they'd flood you with junk mail, phone calls and requests for donations.

When I want a party, I'll throw one, thank you!
    Here it is called Undeclared. When I first registered to vote I never claimed a party and have been Undeclared for 17 years now. I can also vote in any parties primary.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Exactly. I don't vote based on gender Sara, but the only opportunity I would have had to vote for a woman was Gov. Christie Whitman or Mrs. Clinton neither of whom was, in my opinion, the person for the job. At least these are two who come to mind.