Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sunny's Doing Well & Pearl's Now Doing Much Better!!!:Latest SKY Update 6-17-09

Just checking in - how are the kitties? Poo trouble cleared up? Believe me, I can sympathize with that problem!

Everybody back to their frisky selves?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Just checking in - how are the kitties? Poo trouble cleared up? Believe me, I can sympathize with that problem!

Everybody back to their frisky selves?
    Thanks for asking. Yes, I think that the poo problem is finally cleared up. Poor Sky is still taking medication for it but this morning his poos looked great. As long as Pearl eats only dry food then I think that she'll be okay from now on. I tried giving her some Primal Defense mixed with canned and later with baby food but her stomach is too sensitive for even this. Sky seems to be the same way. Sunny is back to his frisky goofy self but sometimes he's still scared of Starr. Starr will chase him sometimes now but not as often as he had been. Now hopefully everyone will remain happy and healthy from now on.

Pearl's Still Having Issues

I thought that Pearl's stools were under control but I found out that tonight she's still having liquid diarrhea. While she was on the medicine, she seemed to be getting better. After she finished her medicine, I started giving her Primal Defense Powder mixed in canned food but this caused some loose stools so I tried some baby food. Then this caused liquid diarrhea so I stopped this on Tues. She was still having issues so I fasted her for about 14 hours from Thurs. evening around 7pm to Fri. morning around 9am. I then only gave her a little bit of dry Innova Evo and she seemed to be doing better.

Today I gave her a little more Innova Evo but not as much as I usually do. Tonight she had more liquid diarrhea. I e-mailed and also left a voice mail with my vet asking her what I should do next. She works tomorrow from 7am-5pm so hopefully I'll here from her then. Pearl's last stool test came back negative so now I fear that she may also have a form of IBD or even colitis. I have plenty of prednisolone to give her if my vet feels that this will help her. I hate giving this to her but if it'll help calm her tummy down then I may have to. Please send some good vibes to Pearl. Thanks.

I'm sorry the poo trouble continues. As you probably read, Pinot just went through an issue with loose stool (NOT diarrhea). We found that adding water to her dry food was one of the curatives and made her much happier. I don't know if this will help, but just a thought....

I wish it was that easy. It seems that by giving her any form of wet food seems to make her worse. Now since her tummy is still upset, even the dry food is causing her to have liquid diarrhea. My vet agreed that putting her on pred for week may help. I'll then talk with my vet in 1 week and we'll see how to go from there. Hopefully she won't have to continue being on the pred because this causes cats to gain a lot of weight because they drink a lot. My Starr is already on it and has to be for life for his IBD/Colitis problems and he's gained a lot of weight so now he can barely clean his own bottom.

Poor Pearl, and poor you too. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Inka View Post
    Good to hear they are mainly healthy. I hope especially Sunny's next kidney test will come out ok. If not- better you get it early. Says Filou the 4 year diagnosis survivor.
    A question: who posted this?? It was not Inka, even not me (LUT)
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Poor Pearl, and poor you too. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.
    Thanks so much Chris. Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    A question: who posted this?? It was not Inka, even not me (LUT)
    I have no idea and I didn't think it was you but it's strange that the username is Inka and that they're from Belgium.

LOL!!!! Lut, go back to the original post #2 and click on the persons name to bring up the profile and then click on the statistics, then on "See all posts" and read all 7 posts. You will get your answer there. You will also notice that "Inka" joined PT on January 20, 2003.

KAK I'm so happy that precious Sunny is doing better, but sadden to hear that poor Pearly girl isn't.

Prayers on the way that an easy solution will solve her bowel problems.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by rg_girlca View Post
    LOL!!!! Lut, go back to the original post #2 and click on the persons name to bring up the profile and then click on the statistics, then on "See all posts" and read all 7 posts. You will get your answer there. You will also notice that "Inka" joined PT on January 20, 2003.
    I must admit that I did indeed register Inka as a member on January 20, 2003 ! It was just meant as a joke!
    I am the only Belgian member here, so another member also from here and with a cat named Inka, that would have been to much of a coincidence, hey!
    I swear though that I never used that again after a few posts in 2003. So who posted yesterday???
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm sorry to hear about Pearl...here's praying she gets well soon!

how are the other cats?

Quote Originally Posted by rg_girlca View Post
    KAK I'm so happy that precious Sunny is doing better, but sadden to hear that poor Pearly girl isn't.
    Prayers on the way that an easy solution will solve her bowel problems.
    Thanks Lorraine. I hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by allmycats View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about Pearl...here's praying she gets well soon!
    how are the other cats?
    Thanks. All of my other cats are fine. Sky's still taking the same antibiotics that Pearl had been on and his stools are nice and firm again. Hopefully this will continue after he finishes them.

Poor Pearl had more liquid diarrhea tonight. She started the pred yesterday and I gave her two 5mg pills morning and evening and I also did this today. Then I'm supposed to give her 5mg once a day for the next 5 days. I've forgotten just how quickly the pred is supposed to work because Starr's been on it for quite a while now and I forgot how quickly it took to work with him. The only good thing with Pearl is that she continues to use the litter box. Starr didn't. I hope I'll see some improvement tomorrow. Thanks again everyone for your prayers and concerns. I really appreciate it.

prayers for all your kitties, please keep posting updates. some of your cats are around my cats ages, mine are all between 7 (next month) and 9 or 10 years old.

Unfortunately, Pearl's still having liquid diarrhea. I e-mailed my vet about this last night and when I got home today I read her response which is that I should be seeing some improvement in her by now. I e-mailed her back to let her know that Pearl's still having problems and asked her if I should bring her in to be seen. My vet works Sun.-Wed. so it would most likely be on Sun. that I'd be seeing her if she feels that I should. Maybe she'll improve by then so that I won't need to bring her in after all. Please keep the prayers and positive vibes going. Thanks again.