Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corkscrew is sick

Corkscrew is sick

On Saturday I noticed that Corkscrew third eyelids seemed swollen or something because they were very noticable. So I took him into the vet this morning. He had a fever of 103.1!! And it turns out that his eyelids weren't swollen, he was just so sick that his eyes are kind of sinking back so that's why the third eyelid was showing. They did some bloodwork which they are sending to a lab in Phoenix. I'll find out the results tomorrow morning, so I hope every thing is ok.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Former User Guest
    Oh poor baby! As we just got our Casper back to being healthy, I sure can relate. Casper had a fever of 105! He got shots to bring the fever down and antibiotics, and is back to normal now. I sure hope Corkscrew will be back to normal soon too, don't you just hate when these lil ones are ill?
    All the best wishes and GET WELL SOON Corkscrew! I hope the tests come out good, nothing wrong.
    Keeping fingers and paws crossed here. Keep us posted, please.

Ooohh, poor Corkscrew! I hope he'll be feeling better very soon! He's such a gorgeous boy!! Is he eating? Wants to cuddle?

We'll keep our paws and fingers crossed for him!! - And we'll send some good vibes!!

Please report as soon as possible - with hopefully good news!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Uabassoon - sorry Corkscrew is so poorly. Please give him a very gentle nose kiss from me and I'm keeping the lovely furboy in my thoughts. Let us know how the results check-out.

Lynne

to Corkscrew

poor baby !!! Hope you are feeling better soon !!! Don't be mad at the white-coats , they want to find out what is wrong with you so they can make you better !
    To your humans : know that I am thinking about your sweet cat !! It is no fun when our lil ones are sick ; it makes you feel so helpless and worried ... !
    Take care of yourself , and cuddle your sweet Corkscrew !
    Give him a nose kissie and head-bumpie from Maya !!!

Corkscrew likes the head bumpie and nose kissie from Maya. He thinks she's a very pretty girl.
    I've been Defrosted!

Oh my , Corkscrew , you made me blush !!! Here is something extra for ye , so you will remind me !!

your MAYA !

oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear Corkscrew is sick. please let us know what you find out tomorrow!.

So sorry to hear that Corkscrew is ill. (I think it's an excellent sign that he's able to chirk up and take notice of Maya's loveliness. ) Hope the little guy is all the way well soon.

Holding you and him in our thoughts and prayers.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I hope Corkscrew gets better. However, do we have a budding romance beginning here???

I will be sending you and Corkscrew my best. Bassett, Tilly and Nutmeg all send their best wishes

I can't wait for it to be tomorrow already so I can know how his bloodwork came out. Corkscrew is still eating which I think is a good sign he's a little slower and way more cuddly than usual. Giving him his antibiotics earlier today was a real pain, he may only weigh 12 lbs, but he is really strong. And luckily my landloard LOVES cats because I sort of spent my rent money on his blood work, it was expensive but I want to know what is wrong with him. So I'm just going to pay a little extra rent the next few months until the difference is made up. I'll update tomorrow morning when I get the phone call from the vet.

ps Corkscrew said to tell Maya to have sweet dreams tonight
    I've been Defrosted!

Wow that's so great that your landlord is so understanding! The fact that he's eating is a very good sign, and all of us here wish the best
    Last edited by Nomilynn; 09-25-2002 at 02:05 AM.

I'm so sorry to hear that Corkscrew isn't feeling well. I sure hope that the bloodwork comes back fine and that it's nothing serious. I'm sure glad that he's still able to eat. All fingers and paws are crossed here. Storm, Pepper, and Sunny send head bumpies and get well wishes too. Please keep us posted.

I'm starting to get a little worried. Yesterday the vet said he would call around 10 and let me know how Corkscrew was. Well he didn't call so I called to see if the results were in and the assistant told me the results were in but he hadn't had time to look over it yet. So I called back just right now (4 pm) and the assistant said that he looked over the results but that HE needed to discuss them with me and would call me later. Now I'm a little worried that it could be something serious, and I hope I dont have to wait too much longer. I want to know already.
    I've been Defrosted!

oh Im sorry you have to wait, I can understand that. waiting and then to hear something like that does make you worry! the vet is probaby just busy, hopefully you will hear today. please post when you know the result...