Thread: Luna is very sick: Threw up about 30 times! (update #167: someone threw up!)

Threaded View

Luna is very sick: Threw up about 30 times! (update #167: someone threw up!)

Bad surprise for me when I came home from work: My entire place was full of puke (the cleaning was no fun at all). Must have started soon after breakfast this morning (all the food came out), and it still lasted this evening when I came home. Now clear liquid only, and some grass... Luna cried and howled from pain and nausea.

Of course she went to the vet immediately, mommy already in panic. Her belly was soft, mucous membranes pink, so my vet thinks it's just gastroenteritis (but Luna's stool last night was normal) and gave her two shots. I also got electrolytes which I'm supposed to give her in an hour, and another med to calm down her stomach.

I have to watch her closely, because if the vomiting continues, I need to bring her back to the vet tomorrow in the morning (no idea how to get off from work, but I have to manage somehow, if necessary). Even when the puking stops during the night, my vet wants to see her again, but in that case, tomorrow after work will be early enough.

I'm very worried that it may be something serious, a blockage, kidney failure or a viral infection. Please say some prayers for Luna and keep her in your thoughts!

Kirsten
    Last edited by Kirsten; 04-08-2009 at 12:36 PM.