Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Luna is very sick: Threw up about 30 times! (update #167: someone threw up!)

Oh Kirsten, I'm just seeing this now and can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about Luna. Many prayers are being prayed that the problem isn't serious and your vet can get things cleared up and back to normal very soon. I'm sending Luna very gentle get well lovies

Poor Lily must be quite confused and a bit frightened with all that has happened in recent days. Could I ask you to give her some comforting lovies from me?

Many [[[[[HUGS]]]]] are being sent for you!

Try not to worry and please keep us updated?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Just a brief update: Unfortunately, she started puking again this morning, now every couple of minutes. She's eating a lot of grass. The weird thing is, she's begging for food, seems to be very hungry. BTW, she did not poop since this started.

Wonder if it's outrageous to call my vet this morning at 7:30 am. Her office hours start at 9. But I would like to bring her in and leave her at the vet's office while I'm at work. Cannot leave her alone at home in this state!

She's loving and purring and always wants to be with me, but I just have to go back to work today, even though I'm feeling ill myself.

Think I will call my vet now.

Edit: Just talked to her. Will bring her to her office now where she has to stay the day. More tests will be done (xray etc.). I'm so worried!

Kirsten

So sorry to hear beautiful Luna is sick
    Sending Prayers and Vibes Luna and your way
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I'm sorry to hear this. I rather would go with the virus theory- it just doesn't sound like renal failure.
    Hope they can help her at the vet's.
    Paws crossed for both of you.

Poor little girl, I do hope that your vet can get to the bottom of this soon. It's so stressful for you, Kirsten. We want Luna to feel better now!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

It's strange indeed that she looks hungry. Could it be that she ate something she should not have? I hope the vet finds something. You did the best by bringing her to the vet for the day.
    Keeping fingers crossed.

I haven't been on PT for 3 days, so I just saw this thread about poor Luna..

Oh no Kirsten, I sure hope your vet finds the cause of all this trouble AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !!! You must be so scared..... . I will keep her in my prayers, she MUST get better!!

HUGS
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

((((HUGS))))) Get better soon Luna!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thank you very much for all the get well wishes! (((HUGS)))

She's home now, still in her carrier because she's dizzy, but she seems to be well.

The xray shot showed that she was extremely constipated (even though she pooped every day), her colon was full of dried stool. It was so full that the contrast dye remained in her stomach (guess the same happened to her food, until it took the wrong way to come out again). But no blockage or tumor has been found, and all her organs looked fine. The ultrasound didn't show anything either.

She got an enema (clyster), and according to my vet, it's been a lot of poop that came out. In the end, the contrast medium came out, which is a good sign, because it has now easily passed her intestines (as soon as they were emptied). Another xray shot showed that she's completely empty now.

My vet thinks that this full, constipated colon might have been the cause of the vomiting. But of course we still have to wait for the results of the blood test.

Anyway, I hope she will soon recover and be back to her old self. I had really no idea that she had these problems with her digestion! The vet recommened for her to lose weight, and to change her diet (which will be complicated because she needs to eat the struvite crystal diet, and that makes her obese ).

Again, thanks a lot for keeping my Luna in your thoughts and prayers!! It means a lot to me to know that she is loved by so many!

Kirsten

Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear Luna started puking again, both you and her must be exhausted. It's a relief that she can stay at the vets all day and I hope they'll find out what causing this and treat her for it.

Hugs and positive thoughts from me and Fister.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you for the update!! Thank God it's nothing serious, I'm still praying the blood test comes OK.
    Big hugs for you and please give Luna a kiss from me
    astrid

Kirsten, I'm glad to hear that Luna is home now and that the vet was able to help her. When I was reading that she was still vomiting this morning, I was going to say that maybe she's constipated. My RB Pepper became very sick one time and it was also due to being constipated. He was also very overweight. Later I noticed that he had a relapse so I brought him in and he had to have another enema. He was then put on Lactulose which he got daily and this solved his problem. If this continues to happen to Luna, you should ask your vet about possibly adding this to Luna's diet. I hope that her bloodwork will come back fine. She's still in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm so glad to hear that Luna is home and doing better. When I read your post about "no poop", I thought about a blockage or constipation too. Glad to hear that it was the lesser of the two evils. Here's hoping she continues to do well!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Kirsten, I'm sure she'll be feeling much better now; you can imagine how awful that was for her. Prayers the bloodwork will be normal (of course it will) and Luna will be back to herself shortly.