Thread: Elderly Charles Manson caught on film

Elderly Charles Manson caught on film

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/20...807321-ap.html

Elderly Charles Manson caught on film
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

In a Dec. 17, 1970 file photo, right, Charles Manson is pictured en route to a Los Angeles courtroom. At right Manson is shown in a photo made and released Wednesday March 18, 2009, by California corrections officials. The photo of the 74-year-old Manson was taken Wednesday as part of a routine update of files on inmates at Corcoran State Prison. (AP/ho/files)

LOS ANGELES (AP) — California corrections officials have released a new photograph of convicted mass murderer Charles Manson, who is now bald with a thick gray beard.

The photo of the 74-year-old Manson was taken Wednesday as part of a routine update of files on inmates at Corcoran State Prison, where he is serving a life sentence for conspiring to murder seven people, said Seth Unger, spokesman for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

The cult leader was first sentenced to death for the 1969 murders of movie star Sharon Tate, coffee heiress Abigail Folger and three others stabbed and shot to death at Tate’s home in Los Angeles. The next night, two others were stabbed to death at their homes.

The image — complete with a swastika carved into Manson’s forehead — was released to the Los Angeles Times because the newspaper requested a copy the next time it was taken.

Manson’s co-defendants — Susan Atkins, Leslie Van Houten, Patricia Krenwinkel and Charles “Tex” Watson — were convicted with him. Their death sentences were commuted to life when the death penalty was briefly outlawed in America in 1972.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I was only 10 was these murders happened but read the book and there is a movie, the actor playing Manson is excellent, very scary. I know Leslie and the rest of the girls thought they would be released in a few years.
    Susan Atkins is dying now I believe.
    All the girls were so young. Leslie just 17. Wasted lives, wasted dreams. wasted souls.
    Tex Watson was one the most evil of them, all has three children that he fathered in jail, our tax dollars at work. He has found God at least that is what he says.
    So easy for a killer to say "yes I have found God" after the fact.
    I can't even imagine the nutcase who would have kids with him.

I thought Susan would have passed away by now. Here is a link to, and a quote from, a pro-parole-Susan site:

http://www.susanatkins.org/2-2009Parole.html

On May 28th, 2009, the California Parole Board will hold Susan’s 18th parole suitability hearing. Under California law the Parole Board must find Susan suitable for parole unless they determine her release would constitute a danger to society. Though Susan has the longest and most impressive prison record in California history, documented as helping to save several lives in just the first couple years she was in prison, never associated with drugs or violence in the nearly 40 years she has been incarcerated, has participated in nearly every conceivable community betterment program offered in the last 4 decades, and is now paralyzed over 85% of her body, can not sit up in bed, and can not even be moved into a wheelchair, there is still a very real chance the Parole Board will none the less insist her release would be a danger to society. This makes a farce our of our justice system, where the State only follows the law when it wants to.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

He is still very creepy looking. I never realized the swastika was actually carved into his head. I thought it was a tattoo.

Older but none the less scary.

As far as Susan Atkins is concerned, what goes around comes around.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Those eyes of his still give me the the creeps - so black and cold. I guess it really is true when they say that the eyes are a window to the soul.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Those eyes of his still give me the the creeps - so black and cold. I guess it really is true when they say that the eyes are a window to the soul.

This is just what I thought too. He has 'dead' eyes.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    He still has that look. I agree!! What a scumbag!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

What an utter and complete waste of American's tax dollars to keep this waste alive for decades, tying up our court and prison systems.

He should have taken a one-way trip directly from the court room to the electric chair.

JM(politically-incorrect)HO
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post
    What an utter and complete waste of American's tax dollars to keep this waste alive for decades, tying up our court and prison systems.

He should have taken a one-way trip directly from the court room to the electric chair.

JM(politically-incorrect)HO
    So true. Unbelievable.
    At leaset Susan is getting her just reward. And it feels good to say that.

I've been Boooo'd!