Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are your dogs vicious or nice?

Are your dogs vicious or nice?

Screech is vicious to everyone except us.
    Lady is kind of vicious but she is darling and really my favorite dog...
    Dotty is.... part coyote. she's vicious to everyone except us. She's hyper to us and not fixed yet.
    Jubilee was kind of vicious and my favorite dog and still is .. she was our true guardian. (I know I shouldn't have favorites but I will not be taking any insults from anyone... okay, it's not against the rules in my book but I'll just ignore you...) lol

Are your dogs vicious or nice?

Aggression toward people:
    Beenie is a sweetheart and would go home with anyone.

Frankie plays 'the part'.
    He barks and growls at everyone but when introduced to the stranger he turns into butter.

Aggression toward other dogs is another story:
    Beenie makes friends but Frankie would get himself in trouble.

Your dogs are probably all a bit aggressive because of Screech.
    They are following his lead. I hope they never hurt anyone.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    A vicious Pom and ShihTzu???
    Only when attacking their food!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Blue is not vicous to people or dogs. He is b ig so when he pulls, even just a little because he wants to meet someone it looks worse then it is. He loves being pet and meeting new friends. Sometimes people go out of their way to avoid us but it's ok because they are usually the people that we don't want to be around anyways.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

Both of my dogs are nice. Zoee is a little tempermental when she sees other dogs. But once she meets them she is okay.
    Taggart will sit at anyone's feet and just melt into them for some loving.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Since your probally will just ignore this, I will say it anyway. It sounds like your dogs need to go to some classes. This is not a behavior I would be proud of, and if it was my dogs they would be restricted and socilized like crazy.

My dogs are all nice, if they showed any aggression or fear at all then I would be working and training with them on that subject instead of all the other training I do.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I am confused as to why you would want to advertise that your dogs are vicious. That is a reflection on you and how you raise them, I personally would not be proud to announce that, actually I would be quite embarassed and instead would be contacting someone for some help on correcting their behavior.

I would never accept that type of behavior from any of my dogs and if they showed signs of becoming that way I would be right along with Flatcoatluver and be working with and training my dogs.

I hope for your dogs sake they never get loose and hurt someone. Unfortunately because of your lack of responsibility someone could be seriously hurt or even killed and the dog would be PTS due to no fault of its own.

I don't agree with vicious dog behavior, it is completely unacceptable. Owners are to blame, a dog does what a dog is allowed to do. My best friends grandmother was mauled to death in her front yard because of an irresponsible pet owner. The owner served 2 years in jail(not long enough IMO) and all the dogs were PTS or shot by they police officers that were trying to get to her lying in her yard as they charged the officers when they tried to approach.

Rest in Peace Dorothy you are greatly missed by all of use who had the pleasure of knowing you.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

There's nothing vicious about Callie. I do, however, think she'd turn vicious if anybody would ever harm Cameron.

Umm ya why on earth would you be advertising that your dogs are a liability and should be put down?
    You know if one of them ever got out and attacked someone they would be put down and you would be sued...

If I had a human agressive dog it would be put down in a instant no and if's or buts.
    Obvoulsy your dogs have big issues and by now no trainer can help them.

Please don't own dogs...
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Both of my girls are little sweethearts. Once they get used to people, they love everyone. At first, they can be a little scared. They don't like to be startled but they wouldn't bite.

I couldn't live with vicious dogs. I would be terrified they would turn on me. There are too many terrible stories about dog attacks in the news these days. The media jumps on these stories. They seek them out to sensationalize them.

Please get them trained before something bad happens. Before you know it, you could be responsible for an attack. The consequences of that are really serious. The pet owner is responsible.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Koko is sugar and spice and everything nice. She loves everybody and
    almost without exception every dog. The only time I have seen Koko show any agression was once when I was being attacked by a Pit Bull. She came to my defense and chased the Pit Bull from our yard with his tail between his legs. Other than that one time I have not even seen her
    retaliate at other dogs that have shown aggression toward her. Today
    was a good example. We were walking in a community near us and normally encounter other dogs and they just sniff and go on. Today as we approached a couple with a small dog it came at Koko snarling and jumping. Koko just walked on by without even responding in any way. This little fellow obviously had an inferiority complex and lacked any social skills.

Sorry but I have to come back to this thread...

ACD's are starting to get a bad rap and have been for a few years.
    With people like you not putting in the time and effort to train them they are going to end up like pitbulls/shepherds/dobes etc and be put on the dangerous dog list and could eventually be banned from certain places.

They are a breed that needs a special person to train them right and raise them properly.
    They aren't your average run of the mill mutt that you can just throw outside (as I remember from lurking your dogs live outside).
    These are a working breed, a breed that nips, a breed who can have dominant tendencies, they are a breed that needs to be shown what to do and what isn't acceptable.
    You have failed miserably at doing that.

I hope you enjoy ruining the breed.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Thats a great way to try to educate someone
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Oh my, what a thread! I have to agree with a few others, bragging that your dogs are vicious is NOT funny. I would not want a vicious dog. I train and socialize my dogs to be friendly, nothing else is acceptable.
    Dogs don't have to be vicious to warn, protect or defend you, most of them do it naturally.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

*slaps forehead* Nice thread...

To the OP:
    Your dogs are vicious? Could it be because
    A) It's genetic. They're all related and all mean. Go figure.
    B) They live in the backyard with no socialization?
    C) They're Intact?
    D) No formal training?

I don't understand the point of this thread. Most people don't take pride in knowing they have aggressive dogs. I have a mean dog, but I try not to publically advertise it (often). My advice would to be spay or neuter your dogs and work on training and socialization..

To Alicia:
    You would euthanize a human aggressive dog with no ifs ands or buts? I think that says something about your role as an owner as well. There are ways to deal with and work with aggressive dogs. The solution does not always have to be euthanasia. :/

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08