Thread: I'm going to quit worrying about Missy

I'm going to quit worrying about Missy

I have three cats; two large males (Sassy and Striker) and one small female (Missy). Weighing in at 7 lbs, Missy is about half the size and weight of either the two boys, and I used to worry that they pushed her around.

Last night, while Sassy was reclining in a cardboard box, I watched as Missy walked up and glared at him in silence. Sassy snarled a little, then jumped out of the box and hurried away nervously. Missy then climbed into the box, settled down, and went to sleep. CLearly Missy had sent the non-verbal message, "This is MY box. Get your mangy tail out of there."

And earler in the evening, I had to step in as referree when Missy commandeered Striker's food bowl.

I think I'll quit worrying.
    Gin

To change an old saying its not the size of the Cat in the fight, its the size of the fight in the Cat.
    My Princess the Purrfect is My Oldest Cat at 18 , and noone , but noone gets in her path, or near her.
    Although she is grudgingly accepting Pouncierge the Precious as a disciple.
    I think your Missy will not suffer fools , and will be able to hold her own quite well.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Ha, ha, ha! Missy sounds like a little spitfire! Samantha is my smallest one and she loves sneaking up on Giz, slapping her on the run! Giz can't catch her...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That is hilarious!! I can just visualize a teeny cat going up to a big ol kitty and just giving him a look and he runs away with his tail tucked. LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

That is so my Edwina and Eddie. He is almost twice her size...much younger and has his front claws (shhh...she has never understood that part...)

and she is The Boss.

Smacks him...bites him...bosses him...eats his food.

He loves it.

So does she.

I, too, quit worrying about Boots, da Kat, when he'd reached about 5-6 months.
    Shadow (my RB Husky/Shepherd) had finally accepted da KAT as a funny-lookin
    housemate and they peacefully co-existed (for the most part).

Boots, the still tiny Kitten, had made a note of the fluffy tail-toy that Shadow ALWAYS
    carried UP and artfully curled over her left hip - a gently *waving* flag that
    the always bored Kitten just couldn't ignore.

Boots would lurk in waiting on the dining room table or on the back of one
    of the recliners -
    feigning sleep as the DAWG strolled by, flag/tail all a-flutter.

*LEAP * POUNCE * GRAB * BYTE * goes da Kat onto The Tail!
    goes the Dawg ...

The Dawg did her best hop/skip/jump to flee from the attack ...
    Da KAT would wrap all four paws around The Tail and wrestle it to the ground before releasing and dashing to safety back on the table or
    another high spot.

Shadow always had to go lie down and perform a Tail Check to make sure
    no permanent damage had been suffered in the attack.

I sure do *miss* you two Clowns!

I would say its safe to stop worrying!

I used to worry about Abby and Flutter the same way. Now I too am assured those girls can handle themselves perfectly fine on their own. In fact, when I contacted a communicator, the lady said Flutter was the boss. Imagine my surprise, when I was asking if she felt bad, only to get the answer that she felt in charge!