Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

How did you know you wanted another baby? (Or are you planning on more?)

I can't believe I'm writing this, but as Lyra is becoming less of a baby and more of a toddler, I find myself thinking it might be nice to have another baby someday (though not anytime too soon). The reason I'm hesitant is because our family seems just right now, and I can't imagine loving anyone else as much as I do Lyra. Plus, for me pregnancy was not fun.

But, I also think it would be sad never to have another baby in the house when it has been so fun. And, I think only children are absolutely fine but I personally enjoy having a sibling (even if I didn't always get along with him growing up).

I'm just curious, why did you decide to have more than one child? Or, if you have one now, are you planning on having more or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi View Post
    I can't believe I'm writing this, but as Lyra is becoming less of a baby and more of a toddler, I find myself thinking it might be nice to have another baby someday (though not anytime too soon). The reason I'm hesitant is because our family seems just right now, and I can't imagine loving anyone else as much as I do Lyra. Plus, for me pregnancy was not fun.

But, I also think it would be sad never to have another baby in the house when it has been so fun. And, I think only children are absolutely fine but I personally enjoy having a sibling (even if I didn't always get along with him growing up).

I'm just curious, why did you decide to have more than one child? Or, if you have one now, are you planning on having more or not?
    I totally want to have more children...and not just one more. I would love to have 3-4 kids...but I do want to have at least a 2-3 year gap between them. I'm really enjoying having a baby in the house and just KNOW I will miss it when my little one is no longer an infant.

I think I want more kids for the following reasons:

I want a sibling for my child to grow up with, play with, and have fond memories of...because I cherish my childhood memories of my brother.

I enjoyed being pregnant and I'm loving every moment of being a mom.

I want a decent sized family...always wished I had more siblings.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Jill, we want at least one more. David and I will be 35 and 34 this year, so we need to get cracking, although we both want to at least wait a year or two between babies. I'm with you on the fact that our little family seems so perfect! But I do think we would feel the same way if we had more children.

I loved being pregnant, am loving having a baby in my home, and I love my brothers and being an aunt, so I would like for Clara to experience at least the sibling part, and god willing, the nieces and nephews! I also lived part of my life as basically an only child, and have to say that I have very find memories of that, too! So if we only are ever blessed with our little girl, we will all be just fine.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Here's part of my little family! Clara is six months old! Half a year! Scary!

The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I have 2 brothers so I was sure before we even started having children that I would want more then 1. If Vincent was a girl I may have tried again for a boy but since I've got one of each I'm complete with my perfect little family. I must admit that Vince was the best thing to ever happen to Quinn. She's a very maternal little girl but she is seriously the most amazing child with Vincent. She is so, so tender and loving to him and he's finally old enough that they can play together. He is her best friend.

I think it's important to have a sibling, even if they don't always get along. I think it's an important part of childhood. It teaches so many wonderful lessons and I wanted my child to be able to share her life with another child. I'm so, so glad I did. It's music to my ears to hear them playing and laughing together. It's a LOT more work at first, especially since I had mine so close together (Q had just turned 2) but worth every sleepless night

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke_Corgi View Post

We always knew we wanted more than one child, and when we discussed it prior to getting married, we were thinking 3 or 4, leaning toward 4. Then we had trouble conceiving and adopted dd #1. At that point, we figured we would have 2 because we really thought we could only handle the adoption process one more time. Well, God had other ideas because now we have 2 biological children, for a total of 3. Our children are (unintentionally) close in age, but even though that is tough, it is wonderful. They always have playmates nearby. Our girls are the best of friends. We are debating adopting again in a few years, but we may be done at 3...we're really not sure yet. If we do adopt again, though, we plan on adopting a child a little older (3 or 4 years old, most likely), as we are in our late 30's now, and are pretty much done with the baby phase.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts about it. Sound like you all had your minds made up ahead of time! I still don't know, but luckily have time to think about it. I can see advantages of both.

Kari, the picture of you with Clara and Finn is so sweet! The expression on yours and Clara's faces looks so similar!! Cute!

Updates?

I'm pretty sure there are several babies here that are nearing their one-year birthday! I'd love to see some new pictures, especially since this thread has been lost for a while.

I'll update with some pictures of Lyra in the next post.

Lyra is now almost 17 months old. She's very independent and kind of a risk-taker. She loves being outside and loves to run now that she's learned how! She had her first camping trip this weekend and had loads of fun. Here are a few recent pictures.

My new signature picture. She was dumping handfuls of dirt on herself while camping which is why she's dirty, but happy.

Being helped down the hill by her cousin.

Her first smores...she ate every bite!

Sitting in the dust pan.

On her "leash"- this thing is a life-saver since she refuses to be carried or have anyone hold her hand! (Although sometimes she lets my nephew help her).

Hopefully there will be more updates from everyone else, too!

Wow, she is gorgeous and you're right: my Laura is turning 1 very soon.

Wow Lyra is absolutely gorgeous, as are Laura and Clara, and all the other PT babies!

Vincent is 15 months old now. He's a great baby. He finally started walking at 13 months old, and he's quite proud of himself. He is SUCH a momma's boy, just like Quinn was a momma's girl. He's happy, funny, and couldn't be any cuter or sweeter. He's my little dreamboat

(can people who don't have a Facebook see the photos I'm posting? I just use FB to post photos here, but not sure if non-FB users are able to see them)

Sweet spaghetti smiles

At the Freedom Fest on July 3rd

Quinn (AKA little mommy) showing Vince how to pet a goat

At Walmart

Quinn is riding the pony and Vince is following his sister. He really loves her.

So peaceful, and so darn comfortable

I can't believe he's already 15 months old. It goes by so quickly.

Aw, Vince and Quinn are so cute together!! I bet you love to see them getting along so well. You have some very cute kids!

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    Wow, she is gorgeous and you're right: my Laura is turning 1 very soon.
    Do we get some pictures?

Here are some pretty recent ones of Tyler. She recently turned 9 months old! She is saying three words: Mama, Dadda, and Puppy (sounds like Puh). She's eating nearly everything now; I love taking her out to eat and having her try new things. She loves any food, really. She's still nursing, and I think she's going to walk soon. She's hilarious, the things she does now.

Eating a pickle LOL

Tasting the bench..

On Father's Day with Daddy at Davison Orchards

At the dog beach on a cool day

With Tandem

Eating a homemade popsicle

That's all!

haha.. I love dirty faced babies.. lol.. just imagining what they were up to.. lol..

Lyra is so big now.. and sounds like trouble.. haha.. catch me if u can.. lol

Tyler.. what can I say.. hehe.. love her facial expressions.. and the bench sampling...OMG.. hilarious beyond hilarious.. love it..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Wow Tyler is so pretty! She's all eyes! Beautiful baby!

Here is a very recent picture of Laura:

She turned 1 about 3 weeks ago.