Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

Awww, welcome to Pet Talk, Malcom! You've been born into the right place - you'll have two big sisters to help teach you everything you need to know!
    I've Been Frosted

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Oh, Malcom is adorable. What a happy little family!
    Last edited by finn's mom; 04-27-2009 at 03:53 PM.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Oh Dusty, Malcom is absolutely gorgeous! Your little girls are adorable too.
    Congratulations! Thanks for posting pictures.
    Last edited by beeniesmom; 04-27-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: spelling... as usual

Welcome to the world Malcom!! (I don't visit this thread often enough, so I'm just seeing this)
    Bruce's godson is named Malcom too. They call him Mac. Your little Malcom is adorable!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Aw Dusty........ what a beautiful family you have!! That picture with all 3 kids is so sweet
    I love the 2 t-shirts you're daughters are wearing!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Malcom is so cute, as are the proud big sisters! I bet you've really got your hands full with 3 babies. I hope Malcom is an easy baby hehe. Our little Vincent is proving to be the "problem child" sofar, but hopefully he'll get easier as he gets older.

Hugs!

Welcome Malcolm! What adorable sisters you have .

Hello!

I can't believe, I will be 6 months pregnant tomorrow.
    I am feeling better. Turns out I had/have a sinus infection.
    I am still coughing but no fever.

My dr. visit went well.

Baby girl weighs 2 pounds 1 ounce.
    I found out that the one spot that I feel is where she is ELBOWING me.
    I thought it was a kick!

She is currently in a standing like position looking toward the left.
    Her head is a little above my belly button.

The dr. said that the right side of her heart looks good but will have to check again next month because of how she was facing. They need to check the left side but are sure it's fine.

Here is the very short video. The tech was a ditz and didn't know what she was doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd6WKPTVz2g

Carmen, how fun! That is so neat. The whole "X weeks" or "X months" thing throws me off. According to my "What to Expect When You're Expecting", the "sixth month" is "approximately 23 to 27 weeks." I tell people "I'm in my sixth month." Ah, the joys of pregnancy lingo. I'm glad your little girl is doing so well, thanks for sharing the video!

That's so cool that you found out she's elbowing you! I feel our girl in several places at once! I'll feel something below my pant line and above my belly button at the same time, hahaha. I can't wait to see her on the sonogram AND feel her at the same time!

Yay for little girls!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Dusty, Malcom is so adorable! He resembles Katharine quite a lot. Your girls looks so cute in their T-shirts.

Carmen, I can't believe how fast these months are flying by.

Kari, when you're 5 months pregnant you're in your 6th month. Like the year is 2009, but we're in the 21st century. Or when your baby is born she will be in her first year of life from the day she is born until her first birthday, once she turns 1 she will be in her second year of life. Does that make sense? So when you're in your sixth month, you are between 5 and 6 months pregnant.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix View Post

Kari, when you're 5 months pregnant you're in your 6th month. Like the year is 2009, but we're in the 21st century. Or when your baby is born she will be in her first year of life from the day she is born until her first birthday, once she turns 1 she will be in her second year of life. Does that make sense? So when you're in your sixth month, you are between 5 and 6 months pregnant.
    I was figuring that in my head, but no way could I have put it into words! Thank you! So, it really is all about the wording.

Kari,

The way I understood from my dr. is that at 26 weeks the gestational age (the baby's age), is 6 months (the beginning of the 6th month).
    Instead if you calculate from the day of your missed period, you can say you are 6 1/2 months pregnant.

I was very confused at first but kind of understand now.

I have no idea why they say it's 9 months of pregnancy when really it's more like 10.

I just found this tool:

http://www.baby2see.com/weeks_months_convertor.html

I guess that means that I am 5.9 months pregnant????
    Last edited by beeniesmom; 05-02-2009 at 06:04 PM.

The month thing always confused me, too. I always just used the weeks when someone asked.

Well, another "big" change. I took my belly button ring out. It wasn't painful or anything, but just started looking funny. My belly button will certainly be popping up here soon enough to freak David and me both out. It's definitely different already. When I'm laying down on my back, and flex my abs (if you can really call them that right now), my belly button sort of pokes up around the edges, David about came out of his skin when he saw it, it was so funny.

Little Clara/Natalie is doing great, as far as I can feel. She still moves a lot, and I can feel her all over the place, sometimes in two or three places at once. What the heck could she be doing in there? Playing Wii?

Anyway, we have our next doctor's appointment on the 14th, and I'll be getting the gestational diabetes test at that one. I'm at a higher risk because my mother is diabetic, but I'm still hoping for the best. Not too terribly concerned either way, though, as I know we will work through it, regardless.

Hope everyone else is doing well, too!

Malcom is so cute, I love his bouncer.

I heard my baby's heartbeat again yesterday. It's at 150. My second ultrasound is next Monday and I really hope we can find out the sex!! I had my heart ultrasound and the results came back normal, my murmur is due to the pregnancy and nothign else. Everything has just been great. I heard that 18 weeks is a week of rapid growth -- I wasn't really showing until yesterday. Reminded me of Visa. She wasn't pregnant, and one day she was. Same with me, I looked skinny one day and the next I had a belly. Hard to forget it's there now LOL.
    I've been making flashcards and fun CDs for the baby. I'm such a weirdo.
    I've been BOO'd!