Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHAT A SURPRISE: Engagement off for Bristol Palin, fiance

WHAT A SURPRISE: Engagement off for Bristol Palin, fiance

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/20...715251-ap.html

Engagement off for Bristol Palin, fiance
    By RACHEL D’ORO, The Associated Press

Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin mutually decided “a while ago” to end their relationship. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya/file)

WASILLA, Alaska (AP) — The engagement is off for the teenage daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and the father of her baby.

Levi Johnston told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he and Bristol Palin mutually decided “a while ago” to end their relationship. The 19-year-old Johnston declined to elaborate.

Eighteen-year-old Bristol Palin says in a statement to the AP that she is “devastated.”

The two are the parents of a boy named Tripp, who was born Dec. 27.

Sarah Palin revealed her daughter’s pregnancy days after being named John McCain’s running mate on the Republican presidential ticket.

In an interview that aired on Fox News last month, Bristol Palin said her fiance saw the baby every day and described him as a “hands-on” dad.

The two had said they were considering a summer wedding.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin mutually decided “a while ago” to end their relationship..
    I'm sure "a while ago" meant as soon as mommy lost the election.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm glad he is still an active part of the child's life though.

marriage or not I'm glad he's still being daddy.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post
    I'm sure "a while ago" meant as soon as mommy lost the election.
    Before actually.

Edit: By Mommy, do you think Sarah is the mom of Tripp and not Bristol?

Edit: Looks like it actually just 2 weeks or so ago.
    Last edited by blue; 03-16-2009 at 11:21 PM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Not a surprise, but I hope the baby will have a stable life anyway. They are young, and you never know where life is going to take you. At least the baby will have an uncle to grow up with.
    I've Been Frosted

They're kids and their hormones got the better of them. It happens every day and if they were anyone else, this wouldn't even be newsworthy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Not a surprise to me.. Levi always looked like he was told to be with Bristol.. However I do hope he supports that baby & stays in the baby's life..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

IT's fodder for scandal and laughter when it happens to other people.
    Tragedy when it visits our own porch.

Who really cares?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

Who really cares?
    Exactly.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

Who really cares?
    You are so right. It is so simple to go on the pill. How many lives would be saved each year? Lives ruined because the baby was born and lives ruined because it was not.

Bristol was the punchline for everyone including that skanky TF-Where is she today? Hiding until 2012?

The media castigates the women and has no feelings or thoughts about what the kids have to deal with-for sure BP's kid will have some sort of life a little more above the board than maybe the OctoKids?

Good for the Palin's for taking care of their daughter. Now put yourself in the OM's parents shoes and try to minister to 14 kids....plus your wacko AH daughter?

Give me the 18 year old with one kid any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    You are so right. It is so simple to go on the pill. How many lives would be saved each year? Lives ruined because the baby was born and lives ruined because it was not.
    It is not that simple for many girls - where do you get it? You need a prescription, and will the doctor tell your parents? Would they find out because you are covered by their health insurance? How do you find a doctor if you don;t have health insurance? What if you have been told your whole life that it is morally reprehensible to use birth control? How do you find a doctor to get a prescription? Would it be too mortifying to have to ask the pediatrician who has watched you grow up for a prescription for THAT and risk getting another abstinence lecture, and having to rely on the person not breaching patient/doctor privilege and telling your parents anyway?

I am not saying that it isn't a viable option, I am just saying that, sadly, it's not a simple choice. You cannot just pick up birth control pills at the counter store, and you need to be educated on how to use them, and the risks and side effects as well, or they will not be effective.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It is not that simple for many girls - where do you get it? You need a prescription, and will the doctor tell your parents? Would they find out because you are covered by their health insurance? How do you find a doctor if you don;t have health insurance? What if you have been told your whole life that it is morally reprehensible to use birth control? How do you find a doctor to get a prescription? Would it be too mortifying to have to ask the pediatrician who has watched you grow up for a prescription for THAT and risk getting another abstinence lecture, and having to rely on the person not breaching patient/doctor privilege and telling your parents anyway?

I am not saying that it isn't a viable option, I am just saying that, sadly, it's not a simple choice. You cannot just pick up birth control pills at the counter store, and you need to be educated on how to use them, and the risks and side effects as well, or they will not be effective.
    Your so right Karen, I found out my daughters best friend was active and did not want to go to her very catholic mother. I took her to get the pill but it took several trips and we had to drive quite a ways. Considering she does not drive it would have been quite difficult for her.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Here in Ohio there are free clinics that help these young girls. One is not more then 7 miles from me in a very upscale part of town. You can get an exam and free pills. And you can always go to the drug store and buy condoms. It might be a bit ackward for a teen girl but it's a lot less so then giving birth. And as a mom of two boys I always advised them to be careful and be smart. None of my kids found themselves in trouble as they used to say. I am not saying it was easy, but it's a lot more so then an unwanted pregency.
    If there are still parents who think their teenagers are not having sex, well I have yet to meet one. It might not be what parents want or how they taught their child but it's what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post

Family Planning, Planned Parenthood or some version of free, confidential clinics exist is every state. Non-prescription birth control is inexpensive and available at every drug and grocery store.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien