Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A guy does NOT define me....rant.

[QUOTE=sumbirdy;2131065]It's kind of sad because it seems like she's trying to start a competition with me. I don't want that. I'm not really competitive. I mentioned once I was trying to lose weight (my heart is bad and my energy is low, the weight needs to come off) and ever since I mentioned it she keeps telling me about how much weight SHE is losing. Although to me it doesn't look like she has lost any, but what do I know? I don't really care, I'm not out to see who can lose it the fastest. And whenever a guy walks by us and even looks in our general direction she gushes on and on about how he was looking at her, how much he wants her, how this is going to make my brother SO jealous./[QUOTE]

When I read this, I felt that something has happened to this girl that has caused her to feel so inferior. Yes, inferior. She's trying to convince herself more than anyone else that she's so desirable. There's something deeper going on here, I think. Continue to take the high road as you have been; you won't regret it. I'll wager that more will be revealed to you one day and perhaps by that time, you won't even care about it but you may care about her. You may find you have compassion for her because it's doubtful that your brother or any man will stay w/her for long.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

She told me that she used to be depressed and ugly just like me until she found my brother, now she is happy and pretty and everyone wants her.
    Well, if she really needs a boyfriend to feel like that, it's pretty sad, and I don't think a relationship can last under these circumstances.
    I think she said these things to you because deep in her heart, she's envious 'cause you have a life of your own. Don't let her upset you any longer. Besides, you're a pretty girl!

I just can't believe some people think this way. Sometimes it's shocking the way other people's minds work.
    I totally agree! You wouldn't believe what kinds of comments I have heard for my choice of being a single woman! For some people, you seem to be an alien, or something worse! LOL

Kirsten

Amen Suki Wingy!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Your brother should run from her and you should avoid talking to her! I feel bad for her to believe she needs a guy and I can't believe she actually admits it to her boyfriend's family. I know you don't believe her but it can't be easy to listen to her and I just think the healthiest thing for you would be to not be around her as much as you can avoid it. I don't think she is capable of having a healthy relationship and in my opinion no relationship is better than an unhealthy one.

I may not be single any more but I was until my 30's. In my early 20's I had relationships that were bad but I suffered through way longer than I should have. Wow, what a waste of time! Single life should be enjoyed even if you someday hope to be married. How can you ever expect to meet Mr/Ms Right if you are busy with Mr/Ms Wrong? How can you be ready for Mr/Ms Right if you aren't comfortable in your own shoes? Stay strong and don't let people like this get under your skin.