Thread: Job Interview

Job Interview

Eesh... wish me luck, guys! I have an interview for a doggy daycare on Friday afternoon. I LOVE my job right now and the people I work with are amazing and couldn't ask for a better team, but my manager stresses me right out. He's the kind of guy you're afraid to breath wrong around.

I'm really hoping this works out, and if it does the way I want it to... I will find a way to balance two jobs and work a few shifts at my current one every now and then.

Has anyone here ever had two jobs before? How do you go about letting each job know your availability? I don't know how I'm going to make this work if I get the job!

I've always wanted to work at a dog-related job for obvious reasons, and finally I have the chance. And it's a pretty nice place!

Oh, and here's the link to the doggy daycare:
    http://urbancanine.ca

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Whichever job I had fulltime took precedence, but when I was working two jobs, the part-time knew when I'd be available or not.
    I've Been Frosted

Now I know why I stopped coming to PT.

Thanks though, Karen.

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I missed this thread entirely I am sorry. Don't feel bad some things bet lost in the shuffle it happens to all of us.

Anyhow how did your interview go?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

It looks like a great place for a dog lover to work! Good Luck!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Looks like a nice place. Good luck! I wish you lived closer, you could pet sit my five while I'm at work and wear them out!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

My advice is follow your heart. If you love your job and the pay is decent that is what matters in life. After all most of us spend more time with our co-workers then our family. Good luck.

I did see this post and I wished you luck. I just didn't have time to post on it. I'm sorry. I hope the interview went well and you get the job. It looks like a very nice place.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM View Post
    Now I know why I stopped coming to PT.

Thanks though, Karen.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

You left PT because no one replied to your threads? o_0; That's sorta a contradiction considering you barely post on anyone else's thread anymore You used to but you haven't in awhile so you really shouldn't get mad.

Anyway good luck with your interview it sounds like a fun job! I wish I could get hired for a job like that, still to young..

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    You left PT because no one replied to your threads? o_0; That's sorta a contradiction considering you barely post on anyone else's thread anymore You used to but you haven't in awhile so you really shouldn't get mad.

Anyway good luck with your interview it sounds like a fun job! I wish I could get hired for a job like that, still to young..
    I'm not getting into it with you, Alyssa. Do you think maybe I stopped posting in other's threads because no one bothered to reply in mine?

I prefer lurking these days. PT is just not what it used to be.

My interview went fine, for anyone who cares, and hopefully I'll get a call back next week for a second interview.

The new place looks really nice!!! I so know what you mean about liking where you're at but walking on eggshells around one person there. Part of me wants to go to a different district just to get away from all the crap in mine.

I hope you get the call back and get the job!! I'm excited for you!