Thread: He's dropping little poo pellets!

He's dropping little poo pellets!

I am writing in hopes that someone else knows what could be going on with my cat...

He is two years old and always uses the litter box....that is, except for when he drops random "poo pellets" around the house. It's so weird! They are about the size of a pea, and I usually find them when they are all dried up. I find them on the floor, on the chairs, etc.

I think that these may be accidental droppings. Recently, my husband set him down on a chair. He picked him up again, and there was a fresh little pellet! They seem to just "fall out" of his bottom.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or any ideas of what could be going on?

any chance they are just stuck to his tush and falling off at random? I used to find little dingle-doodies in odd places when I had a long-haired cat.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Has he had any changes or upsets to his routine lately? My brother's Siamese Cocoa did the same thing. It started when I went for a visit for a week, and then stopped when I left, and he had also just had minor surgery on his ear. The vet says it wasn't anything medical related to the anesthesia or meds after, so we came to the conclusion that it must have been my presence there, since it stopped when I left. He may have been upset or jealous that I was perhaps paying more attention to one of the other cats, than I was to him. That's the only explanation for the problem that my brother could think of. Oh sure - blame me!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

My Pidgelet does that occasionally but she's 19 years old so I figure she may not be making it to the litter box in time or it's a dingleberry. I know that she isn't purposely doing it because I know Pidge. But your cat is young so I'm not sure; maybe a dingleberry.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Dingleberry! That's what I call them too. On Zoee it's because of her long hair and they get stuck in it. But if it's a shorthaired cat.....
    Perhaps a vet visit is in order?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Re:

Well, he's a shorthair cat, so they are not dingleberries. He keeps himself pretty clean.

He also hasn't had any big changes in his life, like moving or anything. I asked the vet tech about it once and she hadn't heard of that before. I just wish I knew what his deal is! It's getting irritating, finding little pellets all over the house.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesymomma View Post
    Well, he's a shorthair cat, so they are not dingleberries. He keeps himself pretty clean.

He also hasn't had any big changes in his life, like moving or anything. I asked the vet tech about it once and she hadn't heard of that before. I just wish I knew what his deal is! It's getting irritating, finding little pellets all over the house.
    Strange indeed. Maybe even a minor change could trigger this?? - I don't know. I just know in the case of my brother's cat, it appears that I was his problem. I guess we'll find out next time I go for a visit!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Is he by any chance a Manx? I was just looking into the Manx cats, seem they get "poo-dangles" frequently. Something I deal with alot with our young girl Heidi. It has something to do with the lack of a tail and the tail somehow being a way of knocking the poo-dangle free when a cat lowers it's tail upon completion of a trip to the box. If he's not a tailless kitty, I have no clue what would be causing it.