Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow Day For The Collies!! More Pics added Post#11

Snow Day For The Collies!! More Pics added Post#11

Ok.. so we FINALLAY got a decent amount of snow lastnight. I moved to NC from Ohio a little over 3yrs ago and we have had next to no snow... Saturday and Sunday it rained all day non stop, and last night it turned to snow... here are pics of a few of the girls out in the snow. Couldn't let Cash out because a couple of the girls are in season LOL

Might try for some pics of him and the puppies in a little while..

Paris

Kelsey

Pictures from my porch

Paris -- I LOVE this picture.. just wish it was a bit closer (I had to zoom in) so it had better detail..

Paris and Lucy

Picture looking down my driveway

One more of Kelsey
    Last edited by Spiritwind; 03-02-2009 at 11:25 AM.
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Those are 3 beautiful pooches you've got there. I like the big shaggy tri-colored one the most. There's more snow there than here in Flint, Michigan by the way! And if you breed collies, you should try breeding one with a golden retriever, in an attempt to have an all gold collie .

Wow, what beautiful pictures! The dogs are beautiful, the snowy trees etc are beautiful! I don't think I would miss the snow if I moved away but the pictures like those of the trees etc are nice to look at! When I was growing up, Lassie was one of my favorite shows on TV. I always wanted a collie but now I realize that all that long hair would be a lot of work. I never knew until the last few years that there were "short" haired collies. Your dogs are so very pretty and obviously well kept up!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Looks great

The snow down there looks beautiful,the Collies colors help set it off also.I bet you were never going to see snow down there like Ohio has!
    thanks very much devon. I have been boo'd.

There are some of the beautiful Spiritwind collies! Kelsey, I love your snow-nose and Paris, I love your golden color! Collies, you are just gorgeous and it looks like you had fun in the snow. Beautiful pics!

hug, hug, hugs for you from one of your fans--
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks everyone! I thought the pics turned out good. Going to try for more soon!... some of Cash and the 3 pups...

Quote Originally Posted by dreamparkingspace View Post
    Those are 3 beautiful pooches you've got there. I like the big shaggy tri-colored one the most. There's more snow there than here in Flint, Michigan by the way! And if you breed collies, you should try breeding one with a golden retriever, in an attempt to have an all gold collie .
    LOL yeah.. I think there is a good 6 maybe 7 inches of snow!! I LOVE it.. I really do miss not having snow. My family is all in Ohio.. they have had a lot of snow the last 2 winters!..

LOL I'll pass on breeding one of my girls to a Golden...

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Dog Mother View Post
    Wow, what beautiful pictures! The dogs are beautiful, the snowy trees etc are beautiful! I don't think I would miss the snow if I moved away but the pictures like those of the trees etc are nice to look at! When I was growing up, Lassie was one of my favorite shows on TV. I always wanted a collie but now I realize that all that long hair would be a lot of work. I never knew until the last few years that there were "short" haired collies. Your dogs are so very pretty and obviously well kept up!
    Thanks!! after 3 yrs with almost no snow I do kind of miss it!! Glad we got some!! It'll probably all be gone by tomorrow though.... supposed to be in the 50's this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    There are some of the beautiful Spiritwind collies! Kelsey, I love your snow-nose and Paris, I love your golden color! Collies, you are just gorgeous and it looks like you had fun in the snow. Beautiful pics!

hug, hug, hugs for you from one of your fans--
    Elyse
    Thanks Cassiesmom!
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

OMG, that is A LOT OF snow!!! I bet the dogs loved it!!

Are you snowed in? The driveway is very much covered with snow, and there is no sign of tires either
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

what lovely snowy pics... obviously the collie gang made them extra special...

will be lookign forward to the puppies
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

WoW thats alot of Snow.. The Girls are so Adorable.. They seem to be enjoying the snow..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Your dogs are beautiful!
    I love that 3rd picture.

More Pics I just took this afternoon!!

Here are many many more pics I took this afternoon. Most of them are of the 3 puppies -- Blake, Bree and Kyrie -- playing in the snow.

Janna

Blake

Bree

I tried to get a pic like those of Kyrie the blue girl but she wouldn't hold still long enough...

Then last... but not least....

Lucy - Ptd Spiritwind Rumor Has It

I've Been BOO'd!!

My daughter is in Asheville. They got alot of snow yesterday too. She sent me pictures but not as beautiful as your's.

Those pictures are fantastic. I love Collies!!! They are so precious and they look like they're having a great time. Thanks!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I reallyyyyy love Lucy!!...

the pups are lookign so good!!... I love the merle (Kyrie) the most but they are all so adorable and big and cute
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    I reallyyyyy love Lucy!!...

the pups are lookign so good!!... I love the merle (Kyrie) the most but they are all so adorable and big and cute

Thanks! Yes they are VERY big LOL I have no idea how much they weigh now... Blake and Kyrie the larger of the 3 are probably over 35lbs already.. possibly pushing 40 lol Bree is probably in the the low 30's now.. but she was the runt has has always been a few weeks behind the rest as far as maturing goes.

I love lucy! She pickedup 4pts toward her champion a couple weeks ago. Has 5 points now, in only 3 wkends of showing. I'm planning on taking her along with Paris... Cash (who I didn't get a pic of) and MAYBE Blake to the Collie National 2nd week of April...

Blake is sold, but won't be leaving until probably June. He is going to be the new juniors dog for a girl in SC. Her mother has shelties but the daughter wanted a dog of her own to show in juniors as well as conf... and they decided on a smoothie... I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with Bree and Kyrie LOL

I've Been BOO'd!!

Beautiful pictures!!

(I think I'm in love with Bree...)
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred