View Poll Results: What is your favorite kind of music?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rock/Alternative.

35 55.56%
  • Country

21 33.33%
  • Pop

17 26.98%
  • Hip hop/Rap

9 14.29%
  • Techno/Electronic

8 12.70%
  • Other (Please name)

27 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music.

I like most types of music, being a trained musician, but I really like folk music and old time bluegrass and mountain music. I grew up with classical music and really like the Baroque period. Big band is great too. Mannheim Steamroller is awesome; I remember when their music came out before it called New Age.

As for modern music, I listen to pop rock and classic rock, even like positive rap, but you don't hear much of that. I'm in that small percentage of people that cannot listen to LOUD music. I get physically sick.

However, my cats do not like country-western or bluegrass. If I am travelling with them I have to put on talk radio. They will howl if I play Country.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I voted OTHER

My main likes are rock and pop, but I can take a little bit or more of almost any kind of music.
    The only thing I would rather not listen to at all is opera and rap/hip-hop.
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

3. I seem to prefer songs that are Rock/Alternative; Pop or Techno/Electronic. oops,, an i forgot to vote for Other cuz i like some Indie sometimes too. but i prefer songs over genres. so it can vary.
    Last edited by Vette; 01-30-2010 at 04:54 PM.

I don't like most country or bluegrass, but my iPod is pretty varied. I have everything from about every genre. I love oldies since I grew up listening to them, but my favorite is Rock/Metal though. Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, etc.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

My music taste is varied as well. I like hip hop (not hard core rap), pop, rock, alternative, acoustic, blues, etc. Some of my favorite artists are Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Citizen Cope, Will Smith (call me a dork lol), Kanye West (as a producer), and a lot more!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I absolutely love my symphonic metal...bands like:

Nightwish
    Epica
    Within Temptation
    Flyleaf
    Lacuna Coil
    HIM

And metal like Metallica of course!

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Quote Originally Posted by Kalei View Post
    Nightwish
    Within Temptation
    Flyleaf
    Lacuna Coil
    HIM
    *Thinks Kalei has amazing music taste* Love all of those too... I have a Ville Valo (HIM) poster on my wall!
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

if it's on the radio, I probably don't like it.

As you have probably noticed, first and foremost I am a Beatles fan. Then comes John Lennon. After that, all the other bands like Vampire Weekend, Passion Pit, Basement Jaxx, and Sublime are kind of lumped together.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Happy to give anything a listen although have been known to utter the ultimate old fogey phrase of "call this music? In my day at least you could hear the lyrics.........."

Quote Originally Posted by Kalei View Post
    I absolutely love my symphonic metal...bands like:

Nightwish
    Epica
    Within Temptation
    Flyleaf
    Lacuna Coil
    HIM

And metal like Metallica of course!
    I love epica and flyleaf is up there on my list. I have been very curious about Nightwish as well, and HIM is often played at my place. Lacuna Coil has a gorgeous voice as well!!
    I am into heavy metal though. Favorite bands consist of 36 Crazyfists, Threat Signal, and Killswitch Engage. Also really like Protest the Hero, Strata, In Flames, Into Eternity, BFMV, As I lay Dying, Atreyu, and the list goes on!!!!!!!!! Very interesting to see the variety of music everyone listens to!!

11. If youre asking band wise then im into Coldplay. also like some Modest Mouse; Snow Patrol; Linkin Park; Angels & Airwaves; Lifehouse; an Daughtry.