Whew, what a lot -- a new dog, larger than planned, a litter, and now buying a house! You DO love change, huh? HE he heee. Bless you, good job.

I've never had a female with a litter, but I am wondering if some of this ismom protecting her kids, arning off all new comers before they get close.

When the time is right (sometime after the pups are weaned, but I don't know how long) have her spayed, and then take her to a basi obedience class. Oh yeah, just buying a house you have all kinds of extra cash and free time, huh? I don't know what else to suggest, though.

In classes, you learn how to communicate with and interact with your dog. She learns that you are in charge, and the 2 of you bond. To the extent that her behaviour is NOT due to having a litter, she needs to let you be the alpha dog, let YOU decide when to set up a barking fuss. You will learn what to do in the class to take charge of the situation, so that she doesn't feel there is a vacuum and step in to fill it.

Beyond that . . . can we have some photos of mom and pups? Hope to see those in Dog General!