Thread: Fooey Spray

Fooey Spray

I have been using fooey spray to try and teach my chihuahua not to chew on furniture. Latey I've noticed that after he has licked me, I can then taste the fooey spray. This is even if I haven't sprayed it in a while. It does not seem to be working anyway as he just chewed on the dinning room table. I'm not sure how long the spray lasts. Is it possible the spray is absorbed and the taste stays with him and now he's used to it? I going to try something else but I feel he needs to detox a while or something!

Hmm... it sounds like he probably doesn't mind the spray that much, and continues to chew on objects with the spray on it, so he continuously has it in his mouth. If it isn't working, it probably won't work. Some dogs are unphased by bitter sprays. =/

I would work more on supervision than trying to deter him with sprays. Crate him when he can't be supervised and provide him with a vast assortment of healthy chews. Have a bully stick/pig ear/lamb ear/tendon/etc in every room of your house and when he's going for your furniture re-direct him to an appropriate chewy.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz