I was hoping that someone may be able to help me. Here is a short background. I have two Miniature Australian Shepherds. My female is two years old, and my male is almost one. We use the "nothing in life is free method" continuously. We also go on a walk or run, play Frisbee, and do obedience/ mind exercises daily.

My One year old has a little issue. He sporadically will go after other dogs. He is very well behaved at the dog park, and has no issues with other dogs. He actually seeks other dogs to play with and be around. The only time I have seen these issues is when 1) we are with his sister ( my two year old), she barks and that only escalates things and gets him worked up 2) when there are two dogs that we meet while on a walk ( can be one old and one new, but if there are two dogs that he has met before he is usually ok). Even when there are two new dogs, sometimes he is OK. He has never bit a dog but fiercely barks and kind of nips a little. I have not given him enough chance to bite a dog, I don't know if he was let go what he would do.

For instance: I took him with me to play soccer the other night. His good dog friend ( that he was aggressive to the first couple times we met him, now he cant get enough of him and always wants to play) they were tied up together to play while we played soccer. About 15 min into playing soccer a new dog came over to hang out while her owner played soccer. I walked over to make sure that he was ok, with his past, I didn't want him to bite this dog. As soon as the female ( new) dog got there he started going crazy while his other dog friend greeted the new dog and started playing. Every time he went after her I pulled him the other way and walked until he forgot and walked with me. Did that for a while until he got tired and would sit next to her. But if I let him get close he would occasionally nip at her while she was wrestling with the other dog. Finally I let my fiance take him. He pulled him away a couple time like I was doing and then he settled down and would lay down next to the two other dogs and play with them. Then while he was playing with the dogs, the new female accidentally laid on him and he got mad and went after her again. My fiance held his leash until we finished. He could not go close to the new female with out going crazy, and we left on that note. Generally I don't let him leave on a negative note, but everything was so hectic that it was hard to continue the nonsense.

I am frustrated because I am the type that likes to take my dogs every where, but my one year old Aussie is unpredictable ( or so I think). I am constantly training training them, but I am lost on how to fix this one.

Any ideas?