Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get married... or go hunting...

I own a gun and if someone breaks into my home they will be dead. My dad was a cop and I have had guns around me all my life.
    That being said
    The point is, guns are used for only a few things. To kill, to collect, to trade, or to practice with. The main use for a gun however is to kill, that was why they were invented. That is why people brag about how big their gun is, the fire power, blah blah blah. If your aim is good you don't need a canon to shot the fool that breaks into your home.
    What is wrong with a gift card for food, how about a gift for a free college class, be it for dancing, drawing or computers to help you be competitive in the job market.
    Yes lots of people could use deer meat for food. But I think more would appreciate a gift card so they can get diapers, milk, bread.
    Something to help the economy, maybe a gift card for gas, pay the electric bill for a month. How about a two day getaway at a nice hotel or spa. I would just love that, wouldn't you ladies?
    I just find it sad that Valentine's Day a day of love, honor, respect, joy, renewel of love and commitment is being tarnesed with a gun, given in a time of war, unrest,massive unemplyment, loss of housing and jobs we are giving people guns. What about romance and gentleness and kindness.
    That is what is needed now.
    My husband saves up for gifts like that for me. I think many men do. They save for many months to give their wives something special. I think a free dinner or a two day getaway would be the icing on the cake.

Valentines day is a made up hallmark holiday representing nothing, all those things should be already said daily, thats my opinion.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I remember in the Bowling for Columbine movie, there was a bank in one of those northern states where if you opened up a bank account (with a large deposit), you got to pick out a free gun as well. Really makes you think... at least it did me.

Guns. In banks. Why not china, or silverware, or something else that is for the home. I just didn't get the whole gun deal. Why not give them a nice extra $50 or $100 for opening the account??

Wonder how many came back to bite them in the butt and be robbed with them, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelteez2 View Post
    Hunting a deer could provide the family with a lot of food too...

You got that right!! Depending on the size of the deer, you can average about 60 pounds of meat off of a deer - sometimes more sometimes a little less. Here in WI during our week long gun deer season, if I wanted to harvest 10 deer I could do so, I just need to purchase tags from the DNR. 10 deer 60 pounds of meat from each deer .... that's 600 pounds of meat in the freezer! Not to mention that any wild game - whether it be bear, deer, ducks, etc is far healtheir than any slab of meat you can purchase in the store. Wild animals aren't injected with growth hormones, the meat is very lean (some more so than others) and isn't very fatty, low in calories, etc. Our chest freezer is stuffed full - the cost of obtaining all that meat is minimal. I like having to work for my food, I don't like having things handed to me - makes me feel like a stronger person.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Breathe, Marigold. In through the nose, out through the mouth. You are going to drop dead of a massive coronary if you keep that up.

I'm going out on a proverbial limb here, but I'm fairly certain thay every person who buys his wife a pair of earrings is not going to be a homicidal maniac, hell bent on robbing people and shooting our families. Just a guess.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien