Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it again... ugh..

I did it again... ugh..

Remember back in September when I made the thread about passing out at work and hitting my head? I did it again.

I was grooming a dog and my grooming manager Amy was showing me how to finish the head (I'm becoming an actual groomer) and I felt a little lightheaded, so I told her I was going to sit down. I sat down on one of the tables and all of a sudden everything got really loud and I could hear buzzing and when I came to, Tiffany (another groomer) was holding me up and calling my name.

*sigh* No idea what caused it this time. My boss took me home so I'm going to just make something to eat and take a nap.

What a way to embarrass yourself at work.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Are you hypoglycemic? A friend of mine was, she always had to make sure she had snacks handy so she didn't pass out. Maybe something to check with your doctor about! That's just not fun!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Are you hypoglycemic? A friend of mine was, she always had to make sure she had snacks handy so she didn't pass out. Maybe something to check with your doctor about! That's just not fun!
    My thoughts exactly. I'd see the doc to find out what's going on.

That must be so scary! I've never passed out like that before. Only time I know of was when I was about 4 and was kicked off a gate by a horse. But of course I don't remember it.
    You should definitely see the doctor about this. If you drive that could be very dangerous.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Maybe. I didn't go to the doctor this time because as of right now, I don't have insurance. I feel fine, much better than I did the first time I passed out. I think I kind of knew it was going to happen because I got really dizzy and sweaty so I sat down, but I should have sat on the floor or told someone or something.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl View Post
    Maybe. I didn't go to the doctor this time because as of right now, I don't have insurance. I feel fine, much better than I did the first time I passed out. I think I kind of knew it was going to happen because I got really dizzy and sweaty so I sat down, but I should have sat on the floor or told someone or something.
    Were you working on an empty stomach? Maybe your blood sugar took a dive - it kinda sounds like it.

Okay. To be safe, just have a little snack handy - pretzels or a piece of fruit something simple, every couple hours. That's what Reenie had to do.
    I've Been Frosted

That sounds like what happened to me when we went to visit Bruce's mom at the hospital after her hip replacement. I hadn't eaten ALL day and began to feel dizzy. I was sweating horribly but was shivering like I was freezing. I had to leave the room and go sit in a waiting area. I did not pass out though, thank goodness. I'm sure people would have thought it was because I was at the hospital. I am not afraid of hospitals like some people.

Definitely keep snacks handy and see a doctor as soon as you can. You don't want to end up in the ER without insurance either.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

The thing is, I'm not a breakfast person. Never have, it usually makes me sick to eat in the morning. I've been going to work in the morning with out eating for a long time... Don't know why it hit me so hard today. I feel fine otherwise. My head isn't so sore this time, lol.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

The thing is, I'm not a breakfast person. Never have, it usually makes me sick to eat in the morning. I've been going to work in the morning with out eating for a long time... Don't know why it hit me so hard today. I feel fine otherwise. My head isn't so sore this time, lol.
    Experiment, find something - even if it is just plain Saltines - that you can eat in the morning, or an apple. Obviously, your body's trying to tell you something!
    I've Been Frosted

Lol, yeah, my dad lectured me too... "Eat this, drink that, take vitamins..." I've been trying, really, but I have such a hard time remembering to take vitamins.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Hope you didn't mind me reading your thread - but I thought of something, I am not a morning person either, I don't like to eat breakfast... you know, you can consider this option - breakfast energy drinks, I use Carnation mix in my milk - it offers protein and holds off your hunger for 2-4 hours - but it's up to you. I do this, because it works out. I just never had TIME to eat breakfast in college... so I went this way!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Like others have said, it is probably because of your body utterly running out of energy for a time. You need.. wait.. have to eat something for breakfast, otherwise your body is running on whats stored inside you, which isn't all too much. Not eating breakfast is equivalent to not eating for nearly 18 hours (if you eat dinner at 6PM, and if you actually eat lunch at 12).
    Last edited by Hellow; 02-11-2009 at 03:50 PM.

I had the same experiences when I was in high school and until I was 30! I ended up with a broken tooth from falling into a metal couch frame.

I hated the thought of breakfast. I'd get queasy just thinking about it. I could manage a cracker or two, and then about 10 AM maybe an apple. Mom used to make Coco-Wheats (chocolate cream of wheat), add a lot of milk, and pour it into me when she could. When I was older, I learned to snack on something. Never could understand skipping lunch, though.

Can you try a piece of cheese? I take some to work to snack on now. It has lots of protein and that's what you need most.

If it isn't hypoglycemia, is it possible that you may be sensitive to a chemical, one of the grooming products perhaps? The reason I ask is that a few years ago I opened a bottle of Pine Sol and had the same reaction that you had and I hit the floor. I had no idea that Pine Sol would affect me that way. I had to go home and I was sick in bed for two days. If you really think that your blood sugar level was normal, maybe it's something like that.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11