Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: URGENT ADVICE NEEDED! Ashes and her kittens. UPDATE in post #50

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Even if just one makes it...
    That is what I keep thinking through all of this...if just one kit makes it....that would be so great.

Well, the c-section went smooth. They found 5 more babies in her. One was already dead and 4 others were moving and had a heartbeat. The vet staff stimulated their breathing and they were taking deep breaths. But slowly, one after another failed. We left the vet office with three breathing kittens (two from the c-section and the one born last night) and a not so happy Ashes. The vet said the kittens were about 2 weeks early, which is equivalent to a woman giving birth at 7 months rather than 9. Ashes had not yet developed any milk, the vet said that is the reason she would not care for the two kits she delivered. Her instinct was off, so to speak.

So, we are home. Ashes is still a bit out of it, but for the most part she is doing well. She is not a happy girl though....she is crying a bit. I am sure she knows that her babies are gone. A little bit ago one more passed, a little girl, leaving us with two boys. One from last night and one from today. They both took some kitty formula, but just about .2cc each. I will give them more in about an hour or so. Both have also urinated. Dave, my husband, named the boy born last night JR. because he was born on Dave's birthday. I have not named the other yet. If he makes it, we will pick a proper name for his strength.

The vet told me not to give my hopes up because all of them will probably die. I have a feeling that she is right, but until their last breath, I will do what I can to keep them alive.

Thank you for all the nice words and prayers. I will keep you updated.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Oh I'm sorry to hear that more kittens have died but you and your vet certainly have done what you could to save them. I feel for Ashes, too. Please know that my prayers are still w/you and Ashes.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so sorry to read about the babies that passed on.. I am pulling & praying for the 2 babies left to pull thru & live.. Prayers being sent & Huggss..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

My heart and prayers are with you and the two remaning babies.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    That's so sad - and poor Ashes must be so confused. Poor girl! Prayers for the survivors to make it.

RIP little babies.

I hope the remaining kittens make it. My prayers are with you and the kittens.

I hope the remaining two kitties pull through. But at least Ashes made it through this ordeal and you can get her back to good health and help her find the perfect home.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Bless you, no matter what happens Tracy, you have done all you can and are doing all you can.

I am angry at the person that dumped Ashes so young, or didn't get her spayed...and that this happened.

Praying for the preemies...miracles happen all the time and they have PT Prayers going for them.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh poor Ashes and poor you! Bless you for helping her all you can. Prayers on the way for you, Ashes and the 2 remaining kittens.

I'm just seeing this now and my heart is broken. You've gone above and beyond for Ashes and her babies. Please know that all of you are in prayer.

RIP sweet little babies. You are loved! !
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Prayers for Ashes and her babies. God bless you for all you have done and are doing.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so sad to read this thread! BUT, you did do all you could do to help Ashes and her babies. I will light a candle under PET T for her and her babies.....

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Prayers for Ashes and her babies. God bless you for all you have done and are doing.
    What Phesina said
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

With a sad heart I type this. The last two kittens passed away shortly after my last post. I meant to post earlier, but the day slipped away from me. The kit that was born last night, JR. passed away in my hands. I tried to keep him alive, but it was useless. The last kitten passed away just before my children got home from school. The vet told me they more than likely would not make it, but I was really hoping we could save at least one.

Ashes is doing well. She is still a bit sluggish, but after all she has been through, it is understood. She is eating and drinking....and ever so affectionate. I think she will do okay...or at least I am praying she will be.

I will post some pictures of her tomorrow. Thank you all for your support through all of this...it has been a rough day. I know in rescue this happens, but it does not make it easier. It still makes me so sad and think that maybe I could have done something different to keep her less stressed. I do know in my heart that I did do everything I was physically able to do to try and keep them alive.

Thank you all again...very much.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Quote Originally Posted by Reachoutrescue View Post
    I do know in my heart that I did do everything I was physically able to do to try and keep them alive.
    Yes, you surely did. It's so tough to see this happen but you were there for Ashes and the kittens w/help and comfort for them all. RIP, little ones and just plain rest for you, Ashes, and peace to your mom.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11