Thread: Morgan at the vet's office for the weekend (He's back home)

Morgan at the vet's office for the weekend (He's back home)

I was scooping litter boxes this morning and as usual Morgan is right there watching. He won't even let me finish before getting in. I would leave my baggie and scoop there and let him do his business. When he came out, I went back to finish and back he came. I thought he was just being particular about the litter box. He's very concerned about how it looks. He never likes it completely cleaned, as many of you probably experience yourselves. You scoop and in they come! Anyway, I cleaned it and noticed back he went again. I decided to watch and once there were only a few drops and other times nothing. That's when I realized he was having problems. He'd been in there every 2 minutes for 10 or 15 minutes. He only started it this morning after he ate. I immediately thought of some of the threads that I've read on here about blockages and crystals. Of course even if I hadn't been familiar with these, I would have called the vet immediately. They close at noon on Saturday, and I knew this had to be dealt with ASAP. I took him in at 9:30. The vet said his bladder was not full then. It could be an infection or it could be crystals. He said that he wanted to keep him for the weekend though because if it became full and he couldn't pee, I wouldn't be able to get in touch with him. They have someone come in to the office a few times a day. If he can't pee, the girls can get in touch with the vet. He also is going to give him canned food to change the pH of his pee quickly. This will only be for a few days though. I'm going to make another thread in Cat Health asking for suggestions about diabetes and possible crystals and food recommendations. I know there are several kitties here on special diets for crystals haven't really paid attention to see if they are diabetic or if the foods are low in carbs and if they are dry or wet. I will do a search through old threads as well. I just want to be as knowledgeable as possible about options when I talk to the vet again. I may not hear from him over the weekend. He said to remember no news is good news. Anyway, I wanted to thank you guys for helping me be more informed when I went in. The doctor asked me if I'd had a kitty with pee problems before and I said no. He started explaining about it, FUS, I think he called it, I told him that I was a member of a pet message board and had read about other kitties that had similiar problems. I knew that there were different kinds of crystals and such. He smiled at that.

I also just called them to see if I could bring his leopard bed up there so he would have something familiar to sleep in. I wanted to make sure his cage was big enough for it. He's the only animal in there, so they said if it wouldn't fit where he was, that they would move him to a larger kennel where the dogs usually are kept.

I'm going to miss my boy a lot! And it will be really hard not getting any updates. You'll have to bear with me and keep reminding me "no news is good news".

ETA: I posted the other thread in Cat Health.
    Last edited by Moesha; 02-09-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: title change

Now, Mom, you will live through this, we promise!
    I've Been Frosted

And I will light a candle on PET T for Morgan and one for YOU!!!

I'm so glad you caught this early! Why do problems like this always crop up on the weekends?

what a relief that he was in the right spot at the right time!

Lots of prayers and good thoughts going up for both of you!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

And I know that Our Animal Angels Visitors Squad will bring Morgan somethig nice from Polynesia where they are now, and will keep him company with lots of songs and games and take Morgans mind off of his problems.

We are sending prayers and we think that Morgan will be All Right!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by orangemm View Post
    I'm so glad you caught this early! Why do problems like this always crop up on the weekends?

Amen to everything! Many prayers going up right now for Morgan and you, Moesha.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa
    Amen to everything! Many prayers going up right now for Morgan and you, Moesha.

Quote Originally Posted by orangemm

From me too! Fingers and paws crossed!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you guys. I miss my baby so much. He hasn't been away from home over night since he was neutered 10 years ago. I'm worried that he is scared and lonely. At least he has his bed and there aren't any dogs there to scare him with barking. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day. I still haven't heard anything from them, so "no news is good news".

Dont worry about Morgan being lonely Moesha as tey are setting up a Polynesian luau for Morgan, and All his Animal Angels and then a dance tonight!!!
    Morgan will be relaxed and happy when its tome to go to his favorite place, His Furrever Home!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

He's home! Finally. I didn't get a chance to talk to the vet because I had to take my car to the dealership 2 hours away to be serviced. They thought they fixed it and on my way home I realized they didn't. So back I went. Anyway, that meant I didn't get home in time to go to get Morgan. So my mom went and got him for me. I have to go in tomorrow morning to pay the bill and talk with the vet. I do know he has crystals, but I'm not sure which kind. I'm suspecting struvite. He has a different food to eat for a month, and I have to watch to make sure he pees every day. I'll have to ask more questions tomorrow, but at least he is home. He had a blood panel done, and all levels were good.

Welcome home, Morgan! Be sure to use the box every day - your meowmie will be checking!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh good! Glad that Morgan is home. I know how much you missed him. We worry so much about how they'll react when they're away from home. I'm sure he'll do much better now that he's w/his mom.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11