Thread: What am I? :-)

What am I? :-)

Hello everyone!

My name is Kelly and we just adopted a rescue named Fiona, this sweet little girl was on death row and was pulled and saved at the very last minute!

She was listed as a Italian Greyhound-Chi mix, I see more JRT than Chi, but I could be wrong. Any opinions? Would love to hear your thoughts. :-)

She's between 2-3 years old, about 14" at the shoulders and approx 15lbs. Sweet tempered, loves other dogs and kids. Can be a couch potato or a spaz doing laps around the yard.

Chihuahua/Italian Greyhound looks about right.. not really seeing JRT. Cute girl!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I would guess Rat Terrier/Chihuahua!
    I've Been Frosted

I would guess more common breeds like rat terrier, toy fox terrier, chihuahua, and jack russel. Even though people are breeding different dogs together to make "designer" dogs I just don't like guessing a breed like Italian greyhound unless they're really common in the area and a lot of people who have them have them unaltered and running loose. If you aren't seeing Italian greyhound puppies (purebred or mixed) in your local papers or on your local craigslist then its probably less likely. Whatever shows up commonly for sale in your area is likely going to be what shows up in the shelters.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by luvsmyfurrface View Post
    Hello everyone!

My name is Kelly and we just adopted a rescue named Fiona, this sweet little girl was on death row and was pulled and saved at the very last minute!

She was listed as a Italian Greyhound-Chi mix, I see more JRT than Chi, but I could be wrong. Any opinions? Would love to hear your thoughts. :-)

She's between 2-3 years old, about 14" at the shoulders and approx 15lbs. Sweet tempered, loves other dogs and kids. Can be a couch potato or a spaz doing laps around the yard.

She has the exact same face as my first dog, a Toy Rat Terrier. Could have some Rat Terrier in her, maybe? She's a cutie!
    The pups

The Kitty Krew

"Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." - Dean Koontz, False Memory

She looks rat terrier/ chihuahua to me too! Don't really see any Italian Greyhound in her, and like mentioned before it's not a common breed..

Congrats on the new addition! She's cute!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Thanks everyone! I can see a little bit of all listed in her! I thought a bit of JRT only because she is a carbon copy of my cousins JRT, but my girl has real long slender legs.
    She could be half spider and I'd love her just the same. Well maybe not spider...but you smell what I'm steppin in.

dab20-

your boxer!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsmyfurrface View Post
    dab20-

your boxer!!
    Thanks! I'm a bit biased, but I think he's adorable myself

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Your both right!

Hi,

I would just like to say Congrats!!! And thank you for supporting your local Humane Society. Also I have worked with every type of dog you can think of. With 26 years of experiance I would definitely say your dog is 55% JRT and 45% Italian Greyhound. I don't see any Chihuahua in her at all.

She definitely has more JRT then Greyhound because of her short legs. Now you can proudly say not only do I have one of the smartest dogs but she is also the fastest! Good Luck with her and have a great Thanksgiving.