Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 28 random things about yourself..

1. I can not drive a manual transmission car.

2. I do not drink. Not because I don’t like it (although I don’t like beer or wine) but because I don’t like what it does to me. I can have fun without drinking alcohol.

3. I am currently enrolled in an accounting course, even though I’ve worked in accounting for about 5 years now.

4. I volunteer at a wonderful no-kill animal shelter just about every Saturday.

5. When I was little I bit my fingernails and I have had “fake” nails for over 20 years now.

6. I crack my knuckles and just about every other bone in my body ALL the time.

7. I drink TONS of water each day.

8. I am stupidly good at remembering names and numbers (phone #s and birthdates), althought this is becoming harder as I get "older".

9. I do not cook, but like to bake.

10. I rarely get sick, but when I do it's BAD!!

11. I was shy as a child...yeah, not so much anymore.

12. I was a cheerleader for the first 3 years of high school.

13. Toilet paper and paper towels have to be hanging a certain direction. I'll fix it if I can when I'm at someone else's house.

14. After I wash my hands I have to dry them completely, so I use several paper towels. Using cloth towels feels dirty to me. (I know, not good for the environment, sorry.)

15. I am very routine driven. My mornings and my showers are done in a certain order all the time. If I get off track I forget something.

16. I've been knocked out once when I was about 4. I was kicked off a gate by a spooked horse.

17. I've never broken a bone (knock on wood). The worst I've done is severely twisted my ankle.

18. I wonder why they chose 28 things about yourself.

19. I'm sort of addicted to TV. I have a lot of shows set to record all the time.

20. I do like to read, but do not get to very much.

21. I am the youngest of three children.

22. I am the youngest of all the grandchildren.

23. My sister and I are the only girls out of all the cousins on both sides of the family.

24. I can do weird things with my eyes.

25. I never dealt with the loss of someone close to me until I was 28 years old.

26. I perm my hair. (I AM a child of the 80's! )

27. I like to dance.

28. Oh, I made it to 28!!!! It took me two days to come up with these.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl View Post
    18. I have big feet. Like... big. Size 11, anyone?
    I'm size 12, I have you beat! My mom's a size 13.

Niño & Eliza

1. I've been a vegetarian for over four years now.

2. I love orange juice. I hardly drink anything else.

3. I am obsessed with college sports. My favorites are baseball and football.

4. I love names. When I hear a name I like, I will write it down and save it, for possible future use I guess. This includes names for both kids and pets.

5. I am quiet and observant by nature, but not shy.

6. I love college. As much as I hate assignments and tests, I love gaining knowledge and I love the traditions and student/fan pride that my university has. I will probably cry on graduation day, because I never want to leave.

7. I am double majoring, but I am still not sure what I want to do with my life. My problem is that I am interested in many different career paths. So many of them are so different, too, that I can't possibly combine them.

8. I am generally a very happy person... I try to find the good in every situation.

9. On that note: I am an optimist in every sense of the word. So much so that sometimes I block myself from seeing the bad in situations.

10. I have never tried any type of drug. I have no desire at all to see what any are like.

11. I am very into music and generally listen to certain songs based on what is going on in my life and what lyrics I can relate to at a certain time.

12. I would describe myself as being a generally independent person.

13. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't use the correct form of their/they're/there, your/you're, etc.

14. I hate hurting people's feelings, and avoid saying/doing anything to do so as best as possible.

15. I love to cook. I think that stems from being able to be creative and being able to make people happy through it.

16. I would love to move somewhere else once I graduate. I just want to see what other areas are about, since I've lived here my whole life and have barely traveled anywhere.

17. I hate Florida weather.

18. I am one of those who believes everything happens for a reason.

19. I have the utmost respect for the men and women who serve the United States of America.

20. I love math subjects, especially algebra. I consider it to be one of my strongest subjects.

21. I hate writing/english but that tends to be my best subject.

22. I strongly dislike reading books. I do not have the attention span for it.

23. I am constantly checking the weather. Right now it is 54* and raining.

24. I love cows. Always have.

25. I want to marry a good old fashioned southern boy. If anyone knows one who is single, please contact me. ha

26. I love to build and remodel things. I also love designing rooms.

27. I find a lot of satisfaction in doing things myself (which is I think why I enjoy DIY projects so much) and don't ask for help unless if I absolutely don't think I can do something on my own.

28. One thing that has been the same for me since I was little is that I have always wanted to live out in a remote city, with a small population, where everyone knows everyone and their secrets. I want to live on lots of acreage and have a small farm with chickens, cows, goats, horses and other animals, and I want my job to be taking care of it all. I want to raise a family there with a great husband. I want to have bonfires with the neighbors and sit out on our front porch talking all night. Probably cheesy, but that is the one of the only things I have ever really, truly wanted. If none of my other dreams for my future came true except for this one, I would consider myself to be very lucky.

OH! I am loving everyone's answers!

1. I have no car smarts and am always screwing up my car in one way or another.

2. I love orange juice.

3. I try to eat only organic and natural foods...doesn't always work though.

4. I only recently got a nack for cooking/baking.

5. I am terrified of wet hair...the yucky slimy kind that gets stuck in the drain. Wet dog hair doesn't bother me though.

6. I am most comfortable in cowboy boots.

7. I wait until my parents leave and smoke in the house.

8. I am obsessed with chicken decor.

9. I am afraid I will never be able to financially support myself.

10. I love fourwheeling.

11. I have only been on one official date.

12. I secretly feel sorry for the deer that find their heads hanging on a wall.

13. I hide my feelings.

14. I love potatoes...In any form!

15. I have horrible cell phone reception at my house.

16. I drink my juice from the carton.

17. I hate milk by itself...unless I have cake.

18. I blew up the engine in my grandpa's corvette convertible the day I got my drivers license. I love driving fast.

19. I gained all my weight back...I wear the same clothes all the time because I refuse to buy fat people close again.

20. I love yard sales and buy crap I don't even need.

21. My socks never match.

22. I love wwe wrestling.

23. I get very upset when my dog doesn't win in the show ring.

24. I like living in Indiana, but I hate the weather.

25. I thought I was a dog when I was a kid. My mom once had to tell me to stop barking at the neighbors.

26. I cannot wait until I turn 21 this year. I want to get very drunk just once.

27.I don't like cartoons.

28. I spend most of my time hanging out with my parents.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Ashley... I had NO idea what you were going to school for... wow!!

Karen.. I name my cars too! I just sold Babe (the blue blazer Sierra and I always cruise to the dog park in) and now I have Brody! He's a silver trailblazer!

I'll get my list up later tonight!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

hold on i'll get mine

Wow..um..okay..

1: I don't, I refuse to, I CAN'T live without yogurt.
    2: I love my animals more than I love myself.
    3: I love fruit.
    4: I am very tough.
    5: My favorite colors are red and black.
    6: I hate shopping. SO MUCH.
    7: I'm a tomboy.
    8: I hide my feelings alot.. till I feel I can't do it anymore.
    9: I hate when people come over. (they barely do, unless it's changing from dsl to cable or whatever.
    10: The one reason I hate Halloween is because I have a black cat. There's no way someone would kill him but still, I'm very afraid.
    11: I sometimes can be very jumpy.
    12: I chocolate.
    13: I love collecting rocks.
    14: I have alot of bracelets, necklaces, rings, and other jewelries. I have a kit to make jewelry myself.
    15: I'm not a vegetarian, nor a..meat eater. or Meatatarian.. or whatever.
    16: I often sometimes consider myself strange.
    17: I'm very strong and can beat up my big, big, bigger brother if I try.
    18: I don't have a job yet, but I'm going to work in a shelter, or something that involves animals.
    19: My favorite holiday is Christmas.
    20: I sleep on my stomach, I can't start sleeping any other way.
    21: We don't have anyone special over for Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Halloween, or any other holidays. We don't celebrate Halloween, no trick or treating or anything but we do buy candy.

and I have to think of 7 more..

I forgot one -

#29. I am half deaf - my left ear has normal good hearing, my right has absolutely none at all.

Oh, RipplingWaves55 - you can have all my yogurt - I have never liked it, and now my allergist said not to eat it. I can eat all other diary, though.

lute - you can always ask here, or even PM one of us for car advice. How are you "messing" them up? Poor cars!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    lute - you can always ask here, or even PM one of us for car advice. How are you "messing" them up? Poor cars!
    Well, this past summer I changed my air filter...for the first time in the three years I owned my car.

I just found out a couple weeks ago that getting your oil changed and checking your oil were two different things...I have never had my oil changed.

My Lincoln had air shocks instead of regular shocks. I popped both front and rear air shocks 8 times.

I don't have this poor Lincoln anymore. About a month ago I got a crack in my engine block and it's done for. I do have a new car. Paid $400 for it! It's a 1990 Chevy Lumina. I'm gonna do my best to take better care of this car.

Lol. Thanks Karen!

Quote Originally Posted by lute View Post
    Well, this past summer I changed my air filter...for the first time in the three years I owned my car.

I just found out a couple weeks ago that getting your oil changed and checking your oil were two different things...I have never had my oil changed.

My Lincoln had air shocks instead of regular shocks. I popped both front and rear air shocks 8 times.

I don't have this poor Lincoln anymore. About a month ago I got a crack in my engine block and it's done for. I do have a new car. Paid $400 for it! It's a 1990 Chevy Lumina. I'm gonna do my best to take better care of this car.
    Okay. Do you know how to check your oil? Check your transmission fluid? Check your air filter? Basics like that? With an older car, you should regularly check your oil, and all fluids.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Okay. Do you know how to check your oil? Check your transmission fluid? Check your air filter? Basics like that? With an older car, you should regularly check your oil, and all fluids.
    I do now. My lincoln was a 93. It was older too. I am a lot better driver than I was, but sometimes things go wrong and I won't know what I did to cause it. I'm really going to do a better job with this car...I hope. I'll check in here when I need help next time.

28 things hey? Ok, I'll give it a try:

1. I broke my left ankle skateboarding when I was 12.
    2. My brother and sister both died in 1986 in separate car accidents
    3. The family dog also died in 1986, bad year
    4. Married for the first time in 1990, divorced 8 years later
    5. Got my very first own dog in 1992, Sami
    6. Had my first mammogram at 40, had a lump removed 3 months later
    7. Have been mom to 4 ferrets, all died of various cancers
    8. Got Sasha in 1996, as a dog pal for Sami
    9. Lost Sami 5 years ago in February
    10. Married for the second time in 2001
    11. Had carpal tunnel surgery, didn't work
    12. Have 2 snakes in the house
    13. Love to bake, not a fan of eating it though
    14. Not a meat eater, never have been, bring on the veggies
    15. Don't look as old as I really am (43)
    16. Haven't seen my youngest brother in more than 20 years
    17. Love to garden
    18. My pets are my children, I have no skin kids of my own
    19. I love to make bracelets
    20. I had to give up tennis and squash because of the carpal tunnel
    21. I hate sitting around an outdoor fire
    22. I hate being out in the wind
    23. I love to suntan
    24. I love CSI, all of them!
    25. I have no friends, I wish I did, I get along better with furry friends
    26. I cannot swim, I am afraid of water
    27. I love tea, my grandma taught me that
    28. I also love football, also taught by my grandma

WOW!!! I did it. 28 items.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

1. I love astrology..it's fun..What's your sign?

2.I've known my best girlfriend for about 53 years and never
    had a fight.

3. All the bones in my left wrist were shattered when it was nearly
    severed in a dog attack. I'm missing 1/4 inch of the ulna
    bone and have limited movement and feeling.

4. I'm numerically dyslexic

5. I only sleep in my left side

6. I usually eat one meal a day

7. I love writing and won awards in school. My first job was a
    copywriter in an ad agency

8. I'm saving money for braces which I should have had as a
    kid. My teeth have shifted with age, Ugh.

9. I'm a pushover, will give in rather than argue.

10. I've had 6 major surgeries and need more back surgery and
    2 hip replacements.

11. I hate seeing people blow their nose and brush their teeth.
    Gag.

12. I'm a Beatlemaniac

13. I was lucky to travel almost everywhere I wanted when I was
    a corporate travel agent. Loved Australia and Tahiti.

14. I hate clowns

15. I'm a technology idiot

16. I LOVE elephants and dolphins

17. I have a 1997 RAV 4 in great condition

18. I have no sense of direction even after 100 trips to the
    same place even with my phone GPS.

19. I love to cook

20. I love headbanging music

21. I have an ulcer

22. I live with my significant other and brother

23. I homecared both my parents before they died.

24. I love my Logan to pieces.

25. I miss Cody and think of him everyday.

26. I have a lousy memory...did I say that before?

27. I lost my job in the travel business due to 9/11

28. I love Mexican food!

I've been Boooo'd!

xposted from facebook for the most part.

1. I love God, I may not always go to church but I Have my own relationship with Him, I may not always make him proud but I do love him.
    2. When I do go to church, I feel a sense of peace.
    3. My parents mean the world to me and am a total Daddy's girl.
    4. Not a day goes by that I do not think or miss my grandparents. I still talk to my Grandma M like she is alive. She's my angel.
    5. My sister and I used to fight like cats and dogs when we were young, we've had some rough patches, but now she's one of my best friends, and I hate that they live so far away.
    6. My animals mean the world to me. They don't care of I sleep late, stay in my pj's all day, don't shower, or have a bad hair day.
    7. If I ever meet Mr. Right, he will have to accept #6 or he isn't Mr. Right.
    8. I love my family, and wish we could all get together more often.
    9. I am an outgoing personality most of the time, but if I'm around new people I don't know, I clam up.
    10. I like to read these things b/c I like to learn about people.
    11. I addicted to reading.
    12. I'm addicted to Facebook. And I love that it has put me in touch with some old friends.
    13. I truly believe there are not atheists or agnostics in foxholes.
    14. I'm addicted to my Nintendo DS.
    15. I can drive a stick shift, its just been a long time.
    16. It drives my parents crazy that I sleep late, but when I stay up until 2-3 in the morning, 10-11 am IS my 8 hours of sleep.
    17. I've never done drugs or pot. Ever. And I do not intend too. I don't really care what that makes me.
    18. I LOVE my neighbors one of them is kinda crazy but he's got a good heart.
    19. I used to be a total social butterfly when in HS, but when I got to college, I was talking to a guy in one of my classes, who had a girlfriend, and there was no interest there at all for me. I didn't even think he was cute, after the conversation ended and he turned and walked away one of his guy friends came up to him and said "is that your girrrrrlfriend" and he said "psssffftt hell no" and that hurt me so badly, I never talked to him again, and became a total recluse until I got into my Medical Imaging program and became comfortable with my friends around me. Which is where #9 comes from, I'm afraid of that rejection.
    20. Referring to #9 and #19 that is why I don't go out on a limb and call guys b/c I'm afraid when they see me they will say "psssffftt HELL NO".
    21. I was in FFA in High School, and an officer twice. Reporter and Vice President.
    22. I do not feel passion with my job. Its definately more than a job to me, but it isn't my passion, But the friends I've made thru my job mean the world to me.
    23. I love to txt.
    24. I'm really trying to get a handle on my finances and debt. It is really hard, but I am trying.
    25. I try to drink one caffeine pop a day, (its my coffee) sometimes more, but I try not to drink caffeine past 6pm b/c once I started getting Old, it keeps me up all night long.
    26. I love to cook, I just don't do it very often, and I like simple recipes. I cook like my grandma if I don't have it - IMPROVISE!
    27. I'm addicted to nasal spray. I hate it but can't breath without it, I have tried to stop cold turkey, but it really sucks not being able to breath.
    28. I have a thing for teeth. In a drunken moment one time I reached into a guys mouth and hooked my finger around his teeth and pulled b/c I didn't believe they were real. True Story.
    Last edited by shais_mom; 01-31-2009 at 12:25 AM.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..