Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the absoulute best breed of dog???

I have to say that the loves of my life have always been mutts! The best breed I have ever come across!

My Tide is a Pharaoh Hound/Aussie CAttle Dog mix and he is the BEST!!

Check him out: http://tidebook.homestead.com/home.html

The absolute BEST breed of dog has to be a German Shepherd!!! They are every thing you could possiblsy want in a dog. The thing I love most about them is that they have a very distinct personality, and seem to understand you and you them!

Rachel I notice dogs and cats in ads too!! Sometimes I may not remember the name of the product they were selling, but I can remember the beautiful dog or cat that was featured in the ad! (Not what the advertisers had in mind!)

Logan - you're 100% correct. I've never met a Golden that hasn't been wonderful in every aspect. Plus we have 2 Black Labs that run a very close 2nd. I do love Beagles, if you can keep them home! But, of course, when you find any kind that needs you(especially mixed breeds), that has to be the best.

Thanks for the heads-up Rachel! I have yet to see the commercial, but I will be on the lookout for the Papillon in the Celebrex commerical for sure.

One of the best breeds has to be the Silky Terrier. I have had two and they are great with kids and very loyal to their family. Plus they are very intelligent and can do any tricks they want to learn. Great dogs!!
    I also go for the mutts. My inlaws have a half daschhound half rottwieler and that was the sweetest dog on earth!! she looked like a rott. but had short legs and a long body like the dasch. Weird but sweet dog!!

My mother has a Silky Terrorist, er terrier. He is a wonderful dog, but he hates children. He doesn't growl or snap, but he will do everything he can to avoid them.

It probably has something to do with the fact that he was chased and cornered as a puppy by a group of evil children. He was so scared that he pooped. He went from an outgoing puppy to a cautious, fraidy-dog in one day.

As a breed in general, however, they are generally great. They are easy to train, don't shed, and love to please. They do have a terrier prey instinct, however, so off leash outside is probably not the best idea.

My mother's little stinky terrorist loves me like no other dog except Sophie. I call him the hugger-mugger because, when I see him, I have to pick him up, he hugs me around my neck and showers me with kisses!

There are so many wonderful breeds, I can't decide. My dog growing up was a beagle. He was my side-kick. Everything I did he was right beside me. When I got in trouble he was at my side. My muddy foot prints on the carpet, his muddy,little paw prints right beside them. Then there was my Mom's GSD. She was bred once and the care she showed for her pups was unbelievable! Lucky, a Beagle mix mutt, saved my father's life by warning him of a rattlesnake on a path in the woods (my father is hard of hearing) My own Jeffrey and Bandit..Jeff is a mixed breed who will win your heart with his goofy smile and my Bandit, a Pug, who is the most sweet-natured animal I've ever encountered. He's a great watch dog. If he hears a doorbell ring, even on TV, he is right at the front door ready to fight anyone who dares enter our home (Of course he showers everyone with kisses when they do enter). I REALLY want a Blood Hound, they seem to be the epitemy of relaxation and in my high stress job, all I want to do is relax. The greyhound, so regal, so classy. I am saddened by their plight as racedogs (I live an hour away from a racetrack). I want to adopt them all. I've read this topic for days, but I can't decide! Can I have a "best breed" for all my moods?

I have to go along with ownerof3dogs.The dobie is such a wonderful dog.Our first was a male,Sinbad.He was 9 yrs old when our son was born,never been around infants or children before.But Sinbad fell in love with our son,he would have given his life for any of us.We recently lost our female Jessica.She was also very protective of my children.Jessica never let the boys answer the door if she didn't know who it was.She would put herself between the door and my children.They are beautiful,regal,loyal,affectionate,playful and very loving.But I think I just described every dog out there.Enough of my rambling,sorry.

I love LABRADOR RETRIEVERS & GOLDEN RETRIEVERS, though i also like mixed breeds. But i wonder why ppl is always particlar bout breeds, ALL DOGS ARE WONDERFUL!!! hehe..

------------------
    ~~B-e-e-t-h-o-v-e-n~~
    ~~C-r-u-n-c-h-y~~

Golden Retrievers and labs have to be the ultimate great natured dog. When we first moved to the neighborhood, the golden across the street was the first one to "welcome" us!
    She is always so happy to see me. There is also an Alaskan Malumate that lives in our neighborhood that is very friendly!
    I would not advise just anyone getting a Jack Russell. I had one and they are very high strung and need a lot of room to roam or they get bored and then watch out! Mine chewed all the way through my dining room table leg!

Hi Annibale,

A friend of my Aunts' in California had a *champion* Jack Russel whom she was plannning on breeding, and she offered me (when I was a little girl of about 8 or 9) a free puppy because she liked me. Well, the same night she offered me one of "Bubba's" puppies, Bubba (the name of her Jack Russel) was misbehaving and being a typical Jack Russel so she put him in her car for a *timeout*......BIG MISTAKE!!! He ATE the entire interior of that *BRAND NEW* luxery car. I then decided I was not interested in such a dog They are not a dog to be owned by someone who does not know much about dogs...they are ALOT of dog, in a little body, too much dog for me, but I respect the person who could own and love a Jack Russel!

the absolute best breed of dog are scotties. they have great personalities, love their families, and learn tricks easily.

I have to agree with you there. Mini schnauzers are great dogs. They are very protective and full of personality! Although of course (as we all really know) every breed is the best! I plan to own a siberian husky and/or german shepard sometime also. I love all dogs.~~wolf Q
    (I've been owned by a demanding little poodle for 15 years and I have to say I love them also! Very loyal and playful)
    Originally posted by jackiesdaisy1935:
    I would have to say the Mini Schnauzer,
    they love to play, have a great personality,
    independent, great watchdog, don't shed, and love their family.

------------------
    *Pet Portraits*
    http://www.geocities.com/wolf_q/home.html

LABRADOR RETRIEVERS are the absolute best dog!!!!!! Not just because I have one but because they are so well behaved and hey are pretty!!!! I also have a cocker spaniel that I love to death but Keely my black lab is way better behaved!