Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To All My PT Friends - RIP Nonna - UPDATE Post #43

I am so sorry. I am glad your family was/is all together at this time.

RIP Nauna
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

RIP Nauna. {{{hugs}}}
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad that she had her family there with her during this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. RIP Nauna. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I am so sorry to read of your loss.. RIP Nauna.. May you be with the Angels going thru the Golden Gates of Heaven Now.. Huggss & Prayers

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Hey Nonna and Nonno -- there's a new Italian cook, someone's Nauna, at the Pearly Gates, I'm sure you will give her a real Italian welcome!

Hugs to you, Traci, and to your family, at this difficult time.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    HUGS and Prayers to [[[[reachoutrescue]]]]
    and more
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Please accept my deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolence on the loss of your beloved Nauna. She is now with God and watching over all of you who loved her so much. You and your family remain in prayer.

[[[[[HUGS]]]]]
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I am so sorry hugs and prayers being sent.
    (((HUGS)))

----<---<--<{(@

My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Rest in peace, beloved Nauna.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry Tracy.

Rest in Peace Nauna You will be sadly missed and greatly remembered and admired forever.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm so sorry. Nonna will live on in you.{hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure your Nonna was comforted that the family was with her. Hugs to you and yours.

I've been Boooo'd!

Thank you everybody for you kind words and prayers during all of this. It really does mean a great deal to know I have people in my life that care and listen.

I am so honored that she chose to pass with the people who cared for her all these years staning beside her. Her passing was so peaceful. She came back to us twice before finally joining my Grandfather in Heaven. The nurses said it was just the extra oxygen in her lungs, but we feel she came back to help us let her go, as we were all very upset. She had taken several long, deep breaths, and as she exhaled, she let out a peaceful noise, like a loud sigh. Her eyes opened, then closed, and her heart. About 2 or 3 minutes later, over our sobs, we heard a faint breathing, once we said "is she still breathing", she took a deep gasp for air and continued to breath normal...well for her. About 15 minutes later, she took deep breaths and finally was no longer breathing. Again, we sobbed, feeling our Nauna had passed on. I went to kiss her forhead and tell her I loved her. It had been about 5 minutes now. I saw her thoat moving slowly and asked my father to look just to be sure I was not seeing things....sure enough once he said "she is still with us, she's just not ready to go yet", she took another deep breath and continued her normal breathing. This time, her breathing seemed much more relaxed. My father said that she will not leave us knowing we are so upset, we have to try to stay calm. So that we did. We told her we were okay and she could go. My Uncle Len said "this is her final test". My Aunt Vic said "Ma, Ti voglio bene (I love you) Ma, go be with Papa". Her breathing slowed, she opened her eyes and had a single tear. She closed them again, and her breathing stopped. No gasping, no sighs, just peaceful. Her expression changed as well, almost as if she were smiling, but not. (if that makes sense.) We all waited.....wondering if she was really gone this time....silence was all around us, but a peaceful, gentle silence. We all looked at each other and at Non and my father said "she is gone". We all told her we loved her, both in English and in Italian. I can not get over what an amazing woman she was....even till her final minute...she cared more about her family than herself.

My Non's services were Fri and Sat. Everything was beautiful. My Non's great friend, a priest named Father John Peter, came in from Canada to conduct the funeral mass and say some prayers at the wake. My Non and him were very close....he was considered her 8th child! She had asked him several times "Father when I die, please come and take care of my family", he would reply "Donata, I will try, I do not know where I will be when your time has come, but I will try". I am so glad he made it to fill her wishes.

We had a graveside burial. I have been to funerals, but never there when they put the casket in the ground. I will never forget yesterday and how amazing everything when for my Non.....she would be pleased....but yet again, she would wonder why everybody is making such a fuss over her!! She was so loved, and I pray to the lord above that she really knew that.

Thank you again for listening and for all the kind words, thoughts, and prayers. I need a bit of time to myself, but I will be back around soon. Thank you all again.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

AWWWW Tracy...... it is Major LES here....
    What a beautiful story!! Thank you immensely for sharing this with us!!Your nonna must have been such a special person...! dear Nonna

I am so sorry that we arrived to late to see mom alive.... . She died in her sleep...
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Sending you out some good vibes and well wishes.

Sorry to hear about your loss and hope that you do keep her in your heart.