Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kinda nervous about tomorrow

Kinda nervous about tomorrow

Tomorrow is my first day back to work/school since almost the beginning of the school year. I took a 1/2 year sabbatical to get my depression under control (which is much much better!), and now I'm just nervous about going back. I have relaxation exercises and stuff I can do, but I'm still nervous. I'm know it's silly to worry about what other people think and say, but it's still something that is in the back of my mind. Part of me wonders if some of the teachers even noticed I as out. The whole time I was out, only 1 person sent me a card about hoping I felt better. My assistant said it was because the principal wouldn't let the secretaries put my name and address in the bulletins for get well cards cause he didn't want to "draw attention" to me being out because I was depressed. LOL. I guess it's good and bad, it just makes you wonder if anyone actually cares.

I guess part of me just wants to go back to elementary and feel like a part of something again. I miss that family feeling. We don't have it at my school, and living alone, well... it's lonely and I miss having family around.

Anyway... that's all. Just me being nervous and silly.

Good luck, and we know you will do well.
    I've Been Frosted

Don't be nervous! Keep your chin up! I bet that you'll get lots of "Hi! How are you doing?!" comments. I bet the students missed you too. Let us know how it goes

Good luck, and Hugs.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

You have been gone for 5 months, there should be some nervousness about going back, right? Recognize that...it isn't the same as a two week vacation (don't you wish!). Cut you some slack. I might prepare 1-2 'canned' responses to "how are you" or "what was wrong". People probably DO care, but, don't want to tread on toes, and, really, some people are so busy/caught up in their own lives they might not really have noticed.

Some people will take their cues from you, so, I would try to come up with a couple of things that sound natural, and slightly off-putting as to more questions, and maybe always respond with, "you know, I am glad to be back! Now isn't that just crazy?" That sounds like a question, and can allow the conversation to drift from you to them, and what sort of stuff has been going on.

Good luck.

Not silly at all, Jenn, but I know that you'll be fine plus you'll have that 'family' connection again. Best wishes for a great first day back on the job.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I bet you will get a warm welcome. Some children that you thought never knew you existed will probably be glad to see you. Sometimes we touch the lives of children without even realizing it.
    You will do fine. And if you need to talk, email me and I'll make it a point to get on IM to talk with you.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Probably the best advice I can offer is to just do what needs to be done, and let nature do the rest . I said much the same in the chat not long ago, but just thought it would be good to put it here too.

I completely understand, Jennie. After being out for a year and three weeks, I return to work next Monday. I'll be going to another library. I am extremely scared. I hope it all goes well with you and you're able to be happy about going back. I know it's not easy.
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Good Luck Jenn! You're a strong woman, you'll be fine.

If the principal had any smarts, all she would have had to do is state that you're out on medical leave. Period. No explanation. If any of the teachers or faculity wanted details, they could have called you direct. Geeesh. I know some people think depression is like the plague, or that you'll go postal. Too bad. I'm sure a bunch of cards would have cheered you up. But I'm glad you're doing better. It's a tough battle.

I've been Boooo'd!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I completely understand, Jennie. After being out for a year and three weeks, I return to work next Monday. I'll be going to another library. I am extremely scared. I hope it all goes well with you and you're able to be happy about going back. I know it's not easy.
    {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
    You're a librarian too?? I didn't know that!!! I'll be thinking of you next monday, and will send you a bunch of hugs then too!!! Here are a few for now!! ((((((HUGS)))))

I hope tomorrow goes well for you. I know it's going to be hard to go back after a long absence. Shoot, every time I'm out for 1-2 days with my headache issues I hate going back because people don't understand. If you need anything, PM me.

((Hugs)) for a happy and peaceful day tomorrow. Boy are your kitties gonna be mad at you, though! LOL, they're going to miss you like crazy. They'll be so happy to see you when you get home, I bet they don't leave your side all night.

Also, I sent you a friends request on MySpace.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

My only card, it was from the one custodian I'm really good friends with. She's the sweetest thing, so friendly and welcoming. We were both in another school together as well. It will be good to see her again!

Breathing deep breaths. I've got my clothes out for tomorrow, talked to a friend earlier and feel better just from chatting about nothing in general. I think I'll just do some relaxing exercises and then try to sleep. Eating some Good and Plenty first though, lol. My good luck candies!

I hope your butterflies in the stomach take a nap tomorrow and things go very smoothly for you.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I'm hiccupping like CRAZY!!!!