Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Ripley - He's Better! Update #95

I'm glad to hear Ripley has perked up and is eating/drinking.

I wonder if Fister drinks enough, it's like he's forgetting sometimes, and when I bring a glass of water and sit next to him, it's like he realizes he's thirsty and he will drink some after a little while - he just needs to think about it first. So I just have to be patient .

Kisses to Ripley - keep getting better, boy!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Lori, I'm so glad to hear that Ripley's doing better. I also had a scare with Storm today and I had to take him to the vet but luckily he's doing better now. It sure is hard to see our senior boys not feeling well. I hope he'll continue to improve.

So glad to hear ripley's doing better. Please give smooches and kisses for me

Lori,
    Glad to hear that Ripley has made a positive turn. Hang in there, Ripley!

Ripley has gotten worse over the past few hours. He's started drooling again and isn't moving around much. I called the vet and they are working us in at 3:45. I'm so glad they are because I know he really hasn't eaten enough the past few days and I can tell the sub-q fluids just aren't going to be enough.

I'll update when I get home.

From Decker with Love

Ripley...

I'm sorry that Ripley is having such a tough time...back on the "CRF rollercoaster"... I'm praying for you both...Let us know what happens...

Hugs and prayers

Judy
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

I hope all goes well at the vet and Ripley is feeling better soon.

Lori, I hope all goes well. I will keep you and Ripley in my thoughts and prayers..

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

We're back from the vet. I was there over an hour and honestly I thought I was going to be making a hard decision, thankfully that was not the case. We had to wait for 20-30 minutes to get Ripley's blood test and amazingly enough they weren't that bad. The vet told me he had expected them to be through the roof from the way Ripley looked and was acting but actually the numbers were only slightly increased from last time. He said Ripley was still in moderate kidney failure. I guess that's pretty good since that's where he's been for a couple of years. He is slightly anemic but that isn't a surprise with kidney failure.

The vet is afraid Ripley may have stomach ulcers due to the failure so I have to give him a slurry medication on an empty stomach twice a day to help heal them. Rip's weight is down almost two pounds but hopefully he will feel better and start eating. He gave Rip fluids and a B-12 shot.

We are to give him sub-q fluids here at home everyday for the next 3-4 plus he will get the slurry meds twice a day for 10 days. The vet said he's very hopefully we can get Ripley past this crisis but he said at first he really thought it was too late. Thank goodness the blood test numbers told a different story.

Please keep my old boy in your thoughts and prayers. He's not through this yet.

From Decker with Love

WoW thats Great News for wittle Ripley.. I see you are going to be busy giving meds.. Come on Ripley & get well soon & eat eat eat.. Sending Lots of Huggss & Prayers..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I'm very glad to read this update. I sure hope that all the medications will help your boy to feel better very soon.

Ripley sweetheart, we have all our fingers and paws crossed for you here. Hope that medicine helps.

This is very encouraging news! Come on, Ripley, take your medicine for Meowmie (and all of us who love you too) and eat your yummy food. Still praying for you and sending you more get better lovies
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

This is a great update. Hopefully the medication will help his tummy so he can eat something. Contiue to heal Ripley.

Better news than you were expecting is great! We'll keep the prayers going so that Ripley continues to improve. C'mon, handsome, you can do it!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11