Thread: my baby cassy has gone to doggie heaven

my baby cassy has gone to doggie heaven

Hi my name is Cheryl, I have just joined this site a few minutes ago. I had to have my little baby cassy put to sleep on 15th jan 09 and it is the worst heartbreak i have ever had to go through in my life and i have been through a lot. I first bought my cassy when i was 18 years old and had just moved into my own flat and she soon became my little baby. Cas came everywhere with me it's almost like we attached at the hip, when i was 19 years old my cas helped me get over the death of my baby girl who was only 4 1/2 months old, cassy wouldn't leave me alone at all and she wouldn't let anyone who came to my house sit on the sofa where my baby had died except me and her, cassy was all i had to help me get over my baby nicole, then a few years later my dad who was also my best friend suddenly died at the young age of 47 years old, again my little baby dog cas was my rock, she knew every time things got to much for me and i wanted to give up, she wouldn't leave my side at all, if i went into the garden she would follow, if i went to the toilet she would follow etc. If it wasn't for cas god only knows where i would be today and now i am going through the most painful and heartbreaking grief i have ever gone through and my little baby dog cassy isn't there to help me get through it. I had 16 1/2 of the best years of my life with my dog(who was also my baby) and now she is gone from my side. I have never in my entire life cried as much and i don't know how to get through this, my husband has been my rock and together we buried our baby cas in our back garden and planted a yellow rose bush on her grave and i am getting a beautiful pet stone with her face on it, we have also bought some canvases of our cassy and put them up all over the house. I know that one day the pain and heartache will ease and i try my hardest not to cry cause when my baby cassy was alive she got really upset to see me cry, so when i cry i tell myself that she is watching over me and not to cry cause she will be upset. My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a pet that is close to them and i sincerely do not know how people cope with the pain as it is overwhelming (the hardest thing i have ever had to go through and i hope never to go through pain like this again). R.I.P baby cas

Rest in peace, Cassy the doggie.

Welcome to Pet Talk, Cassy the human.

She sounds like she was your heart dog - so know that she will always be with you, curled up in the corner of your heart, for when you most need her.

Do you know the Rainbow Bridge story? Here's a version of it, it is an old Norse myth that you may find comforting.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry about Cassy. She sounds like she was a wonderful "kid". And 16 1/2 years is a very long life. You obviously took as good of care of her as she did you.

RIP Cassy
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for joining our PT site. You've come to the right place. So many of us have had the same experience. I certainly feel your immense pain.

Cassy sounded like a very special girl. You are lucky that she was with you for so long. My Cody left me in 2003 and I think of him every single day. There are times when I still cry. I found that loving and losing a pet is one of the most satisfying/saddest things in the universe. It only got easier for me when I realized that letting him go was an unselfish deed and that he was now healthy. I also have beautiful memories that sustain me.

Please believe me that it never gets easier, just more accepting. Sassy will always be in your heart and mind. I'm sure she is grateful to you for her wonderful life and is watching over you, wearing her puppy angel wings.

Hugs to you and yours.

I've been Boooo'd!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's almost more than you can bear. It's so hard. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Rest in Peace Cassy Play hard at the bridge sweetheart

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Thank you so much to all of you who sent a post, the days seem to be getting harder without my little tinkerchops(one of many nicknames for my cas) aroundme, i so miss her cuddles and sloppy kisses, i've still got cas's tray and dog bowls on my kitchen floor and her bisciut bowl is still full of biscuits, her cupboard is still full of dog food and sweeties and her drawer still has all her medication inside it, i still put her dog bed out at night and i can still hear my baby around with her heavy breathing. My husband and i have just booked our appointments for a tattoo of our cassy and i cannot wait to have her face on my back as it is in my heart. I can honestly say that i have never ever missed or felt so sad in all my life. My youngest daughter who is 8 years old took two days off school when cas died and when she went back to school her teacher told her off saying " you do not stay off school because a dog has died" needless to say i was raging, how dare she say my cas was "just a dog" she was my baby, sister to my two daughters, it really pisses me off when people refer to an animal as "just a dog or just a cat", what do they know! it always comes from people who don't have any animals, i personally think people like that are ignorant and need to realise that animals are not just dog, cats, rabbits etc, they are an important part of your family and when they pass on you grieve for them like you would a human. Once again a huge thank you for everyone's kind words, it's nice to know that no matter where in the world you live there are still nice, caring people out there.

In memory of my baby girl cassyhoof(our little angel) and to everyone on this site who has sadly lost a loved one. Life is short so make the most of it and be happy aand safe.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cassy

I am so very sorry about your dog. I just had to put my dog of 11 1/2 years to sleep on Christmas day. I still cry every day. Today has been an especially bad day. It's a beautiful day here, one that I would normally take Beau for a walk in the woods. He loved walking, and like your dog, got me through some pretty bad times.
    I hope that time lessens your pain. As for the teacher, as a former teacher I suggest you request a conference with the teacher and the principal to explain that your dog was like a sibling to your daughter and she needed time to grieve. Good luck.