Thread: Child's Burns Go Untreated

Child's Burns Go Untreated

I can't believe some people. This poor child went untreated for
    2nd & 3rd degree burns to her legs & buttocks for over 2 weeks. She is
    still in crital condition & may lose her legs & maybe her life through gross
    infection. The man does have a past conviction for child molesting & was
    afraid to call for help.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/18449274/detail.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

He didn't hesitate to call for himself but he didn't call for help for her? This story is just sickening. The mother saying she's sorry as they take her into custody. I just can't imagine someone being this cruel.

I pray that this child won't lose her legs and she's able to recover. Maybe she'll have a chance at a better life. The same goes for her brother was taken into custody.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Liz,

With all due respect to you and your feelings about this story?

I get EFFING crazy when something like that gets posted. I don't have kids so, I have to temper my reaction to stories like that.

In all honesty?
    I find myself wishing for three minutes, law and penalty free, with an AH like that. I don't even read the stories because the 'mystical' medical words and terms make me ill.

When most of us see a story like that we get upset about the crime. The real story is the recovery period for a child.

That poor kid will spend time on their side and stomach, have to put up with grafts and all kinds of surgery for quite a while afterwards.

It's really not fair and anyone who harms or makes a child suffer that way, need to be punished the same fashion.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 01-13-2009 at 01:35 AM. Reason: I can't type when I am mad!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    anyone who harms or makes a child suffer that way, need to be punished the same fashion.
    Agreed.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Ugh. The thread title said it all, as well as the description. I couldn't even read the article. It's sickening beyond words.

I've been Boooo'd!

I'm wondering why the little girl and her brother hadn't been taken away after the father was found guilty of child molestation. Well, at least they had the important stuff such as cable TV instead of heat.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

When most of us see a story like that we get upset about the crime. The real story is the recovery period for a child.

That poor kid will spend time on their side and stomach, have to put up with grafts and all kinds of surgery for quite a while afterwards.

It's really not fair and anyone who harms or makes a child suffer that way, need to be punished the same fashion.

I had 3rd degree burns on my leg from a chldhood accident & it hurt like
    hell. When I came home from the hospital, my Mom had to change the
    dressing daily & check for infection. So I have some tiny idea of how
    much pain that girl had(and still does) to endure.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I was asking myself the same question Medussa asked. Sometimes the system fails kids so badly I wonder why they are there in the first place. Another case of a poor kid falling through the cracks and suffering the consequences of neglect.