Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMGGGG!!!!! I'm flipping excited as hell!!!!!!!!!! HE'S MINEE!!!!!!!! Dad let me adopt him!!! I get to take him home tomorrow!!!! I'm going in right after school and learning about his clicker training, and introducing him to Jo!! He's SOOOOOOO sweet!! We took him out into this room, and he ran around like a little maniac! He look soo happy! He has super sharp nails..ah. Anyway! I'm so excited! I think I'm going to name him Zeke God, you ppl don't know nervous I was ALL day. I thought for sure he'd be gone, but he wasn't! He's been there for a month :[ Can you believe that? It almost seemed like he remembered me today..cause yesterday he looked sad, and today as soon as he saw me, he jumped up and wagged his tail. When I had to put him back, he jumped up and gave me a "hug" almost like saying "Don't leave me!! I don't want to go in there!!" And he wouldn't go in at 1st.

I had him outside, and took him up to the dog fence so I could see how he was with other dogs, and this lab ran over and he seemed great! I know Jo is good with other dogs too. Sorry for sounding like a maniac, I'm just so happy He's being clicker trained, what exactly is that? I know the basics, but anyone doing it with their dog???!??!?!?!

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!! Pictures??? We would love to see pictures of cute li'l Zeke!!! I am so happy for you!! that must have been such a relief that he was still there. What kind of breed is he again?

Yiiiippppeeeeeeeeeee!!! Hoooorrraaaayyyy !!!! Congratulations!!!! We're excited to see his pictures!!!!

Just a little excited are we?

Hehehehehhe. I think you sound so happy you may just EXPLODE!

Congratulations, I am so happy for you.

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!! Pictures??? We would love to see pictures of cute li'l Zeke!!! I am so happy for you!! that must have been such a relief that he was still there. What kind of breed is he again?
    Thanks! Yeah, I get pics up tom after I get him home and settled in! He's a German Shep/lab. He's SOO cute!

And yes, I am close to exploding from excitement lol!

Congrats!! Can't wait to see pictures of the cute guy! I'm sure he is adorable!! And I like the name you picked for him too Zeke!
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Congrats on your new pup!!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I'm SO happy for you Audrey!!! Wooooo, wooooo!!! Sounds like a match made in heaven! I know that Zeke is going to be so happy with his new family!! Can't wait for the pics!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

YEAH!!!! Congrats!

We have done some clicker training with both our girls. I saw there is a link posted to a thread about it, but if you have any more questions after reading it, I can try and help.

Can't wait to see pics!!!

yaaay! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures of the darling!

Congratulations on you new puppy !! Pictures? you do realize pictures are a requirement?
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Thanks! I duno how I'll manage to get through school tomorrow..Ah...

I was looking at that clicker training thread, it helped! Thanks! But, I don't understand what you do when it's bad? If you click it before it gets a treat..won't it think clicking means treats??

It shouldn't Audrey. It's just "marking" the good behavior. Don't use the clicker for encouraging good behavior; then the pup will come to expect a treat with each clicker. It's only used to immediately signal to the dog the good behavior performed followed immediately by a treat. There is no reprimand used in clicker training. Inappropriate behavior or failure to respond to a command is just ignored. It is a bit complicated, but there are a lot of helpful sites. I think I posted some links in the thread I started a while ago. In case this wasn't the one Cincy's Mom was talking about, here it is. Good luck!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...icker+training
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 09-18-2002 at 06:07 PM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~