Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did your dog become yours?

When I was studying for my comp tests in Anchorage I boarded the dogs close to home. When I went to pick them up, the dogs where in an outside run and Blue started doing laps and jumping on the fence and Verde started her bouncing routine. Ild say Verde is now my dog, I just dont know when it happenned.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Dasher and I both had lots of adjustments to make. I was very hard on him in the beginning because my heart hurt so much from losing Duke. Dasher had the separation anxiety and I didn't know how to deal with it. Plus he was heartworm positive and had to go through the 3 day treatment. Very rough for both of us. I think after he got home from having the treatment. But within the last year or so, he's become very dear to me. He's the sweetest dog you could ever want

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I think I started this post and then something happened and I never finished. Let's see Dazzi was the first dog of the present group. At first she seemed to be Christy's because Christy was home the most. But then she slowly became mine and still in mine most of the time.

Taggert was next and he was very independent for a long time. He didn't really seem to attach to anyone except maybe Dazzi. Rob was out on his own by then. When Rob came home, Taggert became his right away. He followed Rob everywhere and tried hard to get Rob to pet him (he has never been much of a lap dog just a hand nudger to get patted). Their bond became so strong that it was decided that when Rob got his house, Taggert would go live with him. After Rob died, Taggert has become a much friendlier dog and wants to be with me much more often and just has a different personality about people. I keep saying that Rob is nudging him to get more hugs and kisses.

Snoopy was next and he was mine from day 1. He was never happy if I was around. He followed me everywhere and just had to know where I was all the time.

Jack came next and he was Carl's dog and still is to some degree. However, Carl went with his job to Florida for 18 months so they ALL became my dogs and they all follow me everywhere. I go to the bathroom - they all follow. I go from one room to the other - no matter how comfortably they are settled and sleeping, they all follow.

Tucker is the last and since I took him to work with me the first couple of months, he is definitely mine and has been from the first. Seemed to be a bond right away which is why I got him when I knew better. He is my little guy for sure!

I think the closest bond I have ever had with any animal has been with Snoopy. He loved me so much and he taught me so much about love. He always knew when I was sad and was there snuggling and licking. Actually he was just always there no matter my mood. Trying to cheer me up when I was sad and trying to calm me down when I was mad. He was the best and I doubt I ever find that kind of connection with any other dog.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    With Finn, it was instant. I wouldn't have bought him if it hadn't been. For a couple reasons...first, I wasn't out to get a dog at that point in my life, and second, I definitely did not want a lab. Within five minutes of meeting, I was in love. He fell asleep in my sweatshirt pouch.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I brought Chloe home as a rescue. She was to be adopted out as soon as a family was found. After I brought her home she was automatically hooked to me. Followed me everywhere. After about a week I decided I couldn't break this bond she was making with me and kept her. Chloe and I are totally stuck together. Sometimes when I visit my parents she can't come along. So she stays with the kennel building with the Aussies. This last weekend she couldn't come visit. I had planned to be gone only a day or so. I'm never gone to my parents anymore than that. I ended up staying three days. When I got back home and brought Chloe back in the house she shunned me. She pouted and huffed. I started to think she was ot feeling well when it dawned on me she was just mad that I left her for 3 days!...how dare I.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.