Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your best purchase

Well, of course besides RB Cody ($50) and Mz Logan ($35 adoption fee)...believe it or not, a new wall oven.

Even before we moved here, around 35+ years ago, my mom disconnected her gas oven and used a huge table roaster oven. Ick. Big, not space efficient, lots of burns getting stuff out. Even here, she turned off the gas oven and used her blasted table roaster. With no disrepect to her, a few months after she passed, I bought a new wall oven, had the gas reconnected and baked way too many double chocolate nut brownies the second the installer left!

Other than that, I truly try to make reasonable decisions before I buy stuff, especially since I've been on disability and now that the economy sucks. Oh, I lied. Two years ago I bought a limited edition, signed lithograph of John Lennon. Authentic, guaranteed and on the house insurance policy. Hanging proudly in my living room next to framed pictures of RB Cody and Logan (and mom and dad). I don't regret it. I was tired of putting myself last.

I've been Boooo'd!

My college education is sitting on a shelf unused, great purchase overall but there are no jobs in the area.

My rat's new Marshall Estate cage is the best recent purchase. My animals. My electric blanket.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton