Thread: Concern about Wellness dog food

Concern about Wellness dog food

Not quite sure what to make of this. I don't use this food, but thought some here may.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB6K2BBd518

If a food was in question I would check their web site,
    contact the company and also google to see if you can find complaints about Wellness.
    Usually if their is a problem you will find a few web sites with
    information/or postings etc. instead of one U-Tube tape.
    Example: consumeraffairs.com.

----<---<--<{(@

Hmm...Interesting video. I fed my dogs Wellness brand dog food for a long time (and just recently switched back to it after feeding Orijen for a little bit), but I've never seen anything remotely close to what was shown in that video in the Wellness food I feed my pooches (like bone fragments and long hairs). The video definitely makes me think though. Also, I don't usually get the fish kind, I usually get the chicken and turkey Wellness CORE, so maybe there's a difference. I wish I could just feed my dogs Honest Kitchen brand dog food, but it's too dang expensive.

That's a scarey video. I'd be interested in hearing Wellness' reaction to it.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

How did he get the fish bones to stay at the top of the bag? It kinda does look like the bones were in the cup before he scooped the food, since the first half a cup he dumped out looked like only kibble. I'm not saying the bones aren't in the bag, but what if he saved up a years worth of bone findings to use in the video?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Somewhat an interesting video.. I dont know nothing about Wellness Brand.. It would be interesting if we bought a bag just to check & then note what we found on here.. I am game to buy a bag & see what was found.. I wonder if PetsMart carries it..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

That's a good point IRescue452. He could have just had the bones already in the cup. But there was that one piece of kibble with a sharp bone in it already supposedly. Heck if I know. I've fed Wellness and have never found any tiny bones in the bag, let alone tons of jagged bone fragments EVERYWHERE like that guy found, supposedly.

whether it was him saving them or not... such tiny pieces should have settled to the bottom just by picking the bag up, getting it to the car, getting it out to the house, etc...

perhaps the food did had incrusted lil bones... but the loose pieces would not be at top at all... simple gravity..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

did anyone else notice that nearly every piece of kibble that had a bone in it looked the same? same length, same shape & same location in the kibble... Also look how hes scooping into the bag.. Its as if there is something in the cup.

I've been feeding Wellness dog food and I've never seen anything like that. I don't feed the all fish formula but I believe the kind I've been using is Lamb with either whitefish or salmon. Almost all of my co-workers feed Wellness and I know at least one of them uses the fish formula and they've never had a problem either.

I've been feeding Wellness CORE for a few months and have not noticed anything like this. Looks like someone is just trying to give Wellness a bad name.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I don't feed Wellness, but I've never heard anything bad about it. I'm with everyone else. The whole video looks very odd.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.