Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acid Reflux Advice for An Elderly Cat Mandu

Prayers are going up for you right now, Gary, that all will be well and that you'll feel better soon. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

We're all saying our prayers and doing our dances and sending our healing energies to you, Gary! We're so glad you have an appointment with the doctor on Wednesday, and we hope this is something that can be taken care of easily.

Love and hugs and purrs from your friends in Michigan
    Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Bob, Sparkler (Sparkler?)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

WHATS A GOOD HOME REMEDY FOR THE HEARTBURN THAT I AM HAVING, AND THE DISCOMFORT OF FEELING FULL AFTER A FEW BITES?
    AND I AM GOING TO BE AROOUND A WHILE YET, MY CAT ANGELS HAVE LET ME KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOWHERE NEAR THE WELCOME STATION AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    WHATS A GOOD HOME REMEDY FOR THE HEARTBURN THAT I AM HAVING, AND THE DISCOMFORT OF FEELING FULL AFTER A FEW BITES?
    AND I AM GOING TO BE AROOUND A WHILE YET, MY CAT ANGELS HAVE LET ME KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOWHERE NEAR THE WELCOME STATION AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE!!!!

Buy the papaya enzymes at GNC, Gary. They work fast and they taste good, too.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

<picks up Purrayer Line> <dials God's KAT Division>

Hi God ~

Thought we otta call onna KAT Line - kuz it's about Mr. Gary -aka CatManDu -
    da bi-ped KatDad ...

He's not feelin so hot --- wunna da FootPaws is givin him sum trubbel;
    anna Swallowin Pipe is hurtin real bad, too.

We're hopin You can arrange fur Tubby & Peanut ta gas up the Silver Klowd
    and run You down here onna ole Durt Ball in tyme fur Mr. Gary's Wednesday
    White Coat 'pointment ... so's You could Help wiffa consult.

Awful lotta Kat Kritters dependin on Mr. Gary - we gotta keep him in
    A-#1 Tippy-Toppy shape!

We gotz da Purrayer Kandilz all lited up, an we'll all be *krossin* Pawz & Klawz
    till we hear Mr. Gary is onna mend.

THANKS fur Your Help, God!

/s/ the Purrayer Pups

Thanks Phred. Gary needed some special prayers. Hang in there, Gary and give us an update as soon as you know something.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Gary, if you will PM me your age, height and weight I will calculate your BMI for you. This shows how much lean mass you have, and is another health tool. You can also do it yourself here: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Hope all goes well for you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Well I go in for test Tomorrow , and take that test again where they put barium on a stick and you see if you can swalow it.
    And Catty 1, I am 5' 9 '' about 200 pounds , and I know it says I should be a middleweight about 160.
    I am not as active as I am retired so my BMI will be awful.
    I will pass on any news I get, but its awful having heartburn from mild foods.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.

Gary, your BMI is 29.5

30 and up is considered obese; overweight is 25 to 29.9.

18.5 - 24.9 is healthy.

I know you love bringing the kitties bags from the buffets - but I think they would rather have the best CatDad in the world around for as long as possible.

Order from the menu for a while - one helping. And if you think you might be hooked on overeating, talk to your doc about that.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Gary, I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well and are having problems swallowing. Hopefully your doctor can find out what's causing this and will be able to help you.

I had gastritis earlier this year and I would get a burning sensation and severe stomach pain. It was caused by taking pain meds that irritated my stomach lining. I hope that you don't have anything serious. You'll be in my prayers. Please keep us updated and take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Do you notice any pattern to the trouble, does it seem to happen with only certain foods? Are you also having trouble breathing, or just swallowing? This is worrying, as this is how my mother's diagnosis of ALS (Lou Gerhig's disease) started.

Karen might be on the right track. M.S. also causes the same thing you describe.

I am 190 now, the lightest I have been as an adult, I was once 288 pounds!
    And I had some good advice, which is to take baby bites I think that I was gulping my food and not chewing it.
    I am getting Nexium now, maybe that will help.
    I have more pills to take , as I have infections under my toes now.
    But at least they are being taken care of, in many countries they wouldnt be.

That's good, Gary. Sounds like you are getting the situation under control!

Happy New Year, all!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery